just been asked....

Hellymay83

Reaction score
I've just picked my daughter up from nursery and one of the nursery nurse staff just asked me if I'm pregnant.

I'm quite offended as there's no way I am showing at 4 weeks so obviously I'm fat and of course I couldn't say yes because it's such early days.

Wow, that is so rude! I wonder why she thought it was ok to ask you that. That question pretty much never ends well unless the woman is showing quite a bit. They say never to ask until you're pretty positive they are pregnant! So sorry you had to go through that

I was asked at nursery yesterday. My dd had been making comments so the gUK asked me (but he asked me outside in private) i would have liked to keep it quiet longer because only 8 weeks but we'very had scan and measuring fine and dd had guessed and going on about baby in my tummy before we said anything (so we had no chonce but to say something to her about it because it felt unfair continually saying 'maybe' and 'perhaps one day' and causing confusion

I would have said "why do you ask?" Or if you know the person well enough "what, I'm so fat I look pregnant??"
Put it on them!

They said they can see my little bump showing.... Err I doubt it at 4 weeks. :haha:

Cheeky bint! Did she at least look embarrassed when you told her no!?! I do wonder what goes through some peoples heads at times to think they can just go about saying whatever nonsense comes out of their gobs!!

How rude! But also odd that she sees you all the time and asked now when you actually are pregnant! Does your dd know? Or maybe you have that glow? Or maybe, like me, you already have baby bloat ha ha!

Maybe DD said something that made them curious? Either way it's rude to ask unless totally sure the person is pregnant. I could never imagine myself asking if someone was pregnant :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->