Just been diagnosed with PND

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by StarBoHo, Nov 15, 2011.

1. StarBoHo

StarBoHo Well-Known Member

I've just come back from the doctors where I have been diagnosed with PND. I've barely stopped crying since I walked through the door, as even though I knew I had it, being diagnosed just seems so real.
    However, I am relieved that I've got the ball rolling. Even though my LO is only three weeks old, I'm sick of feeling down, faking being happy around people, feeling like I'm a failure that I do t know what to do with my child when she's unsettled (which is every night for the past few nights which hasn't helped) and being completely overwhelmed.
    I have an amazing hubby who listens to me and never judges the thoughts that I have. Even though he's there for me, I feel completely alone and ashamed that I have PND. I was so elated during pregnancy (I spent most of last year depressed due to family issues that are still happening, but I didn't seek help) I get so upset because this should not have happened to us, we were so excited for our baby so I feel guilty that I'm not feeling how I should.
    I just want to get better and enjoy my daughter because I love that little girl so much, she deserves a happy mommy.
    For anyone who thinks they may have PND, I urge you to get to your doctors, don't let it fester...and don't be scared, seeking help is the first step to recovery.

2. cat lover

cat lover Mummy to 2 girls

Hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

3. DaniMoose

DaniMoose Well-Known Member

i need to go but wish id have done it sooner...lo is 4 months old <sniff>