Just been for the combitest and come back with a new scan photo!!! :)

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well I wasnt expecting this at all, but I am so happy and can relax that everything seems to be healthy and growing well :) :)

I have just been for the blood test for the combitest (for Downs) as here in Holland you do a blood test (at 10 weeks) and the measurement of the neck (around 11-14 weeks) and then they calculate the chance of Downs (my boyf and I agreed before we were even pregnant that we would at least do this test to check the %).

I was just expecting that she would take the blood, but she said, lets do a scan to make sure everything is well and to make sure your dates are correct... so with a big smile up I went onto the bench and lied down.... and there my baby was lying comfortably.

The woman then pushed on my stomach and little Mini began to move their little legs and arms and then progressed to have the hiccups, haha, so cute :cloud9:

And she moved me forward by 3 days.... she said that at the next scan they can double check these dates again.

Here are my pics....

https://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/23/l_afab05202e7e457c968123ef11d3c5fa.jpg

https://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/30/l_e8ba50be673e4da29e1a49d5a11e44fa.jpg

So, 5 more days til my 'official' scan, yey!:wohoo:

:hug: 2 all, :hugs:

I have my scan at 10 weeks! So that's what my little one will look like. Those are great pictures, congratulations! How funny to have them all moving around just by a touch of your belly!

Aww what lovely clear piccies congrats hun...

...when do you get the results of the chance of Downs % test hun?

I have my scan at 10 weeks! So that's what my little one will look like. Those are great pictures, congratulations! How funny to have them all moving around just by a touch of your belly!
I know, how funny. She told me to couch first but that didnt help, so she just prodded at my stomach and sure enough they moved around, haha :D

Can't wait to see your pics at 10 weeks too!!!!!

Aww what lovely clear piccies congrats hun...

...when do you get the results of the chance of Downs % test hun?

I have to go back in just over 2 weeks time to measure the neck (as this is done by another medical practice and not the midwife) and at this point the blood test results will be in and they can give us the %. Praying and keeping the faith that everything is OK ;)

Wonderful little surprise bonus for you! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->