Just can't find a boy name! Help please?

theamanda

NTNP
Reaction score
I'm getting terribly desperate! DH says "be patient, soon a name will jump out at us and we will know that's the one" but honestly, how can that be true, when I have looked through every list on Google, and not a single name called out to me OR him! I'm afraid that when I'm further along, and supposed to be worried about other things, such as planning for birth! I also would feel really embarrassed to have everyone ask what his name is at the baby shower and for me to be just like "I still don't know", as they keep asking me... Way to lay on the pressure... Lol :/

I want to find that "perfect" name, but I just cant see that happening... :(
Would any lovely ladies like to give it a shot and help me name our little boy? I would be FOREVER in your debt!! :D

Last name is "McCall" <3

And I also would like to add his facial U/S pic, perhaps we can have a bit of fun putting a "name with a face" :)
https://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s636/AmandaMcCall2012/2013-03-21_15-54-13_548_zpsa55a3864.jpg

Ill give u my list of boy names, they are a bit different but nothing crazy. Maybe something will speak to u!

Merrick (thats my sons name actually)
Foster
Tobin
Blake
Lennon
Porter
Everett
Grayson

I love so many boy names lol...im having a girl this time around and we think we have finally decided on a name, but we cant seem to find more than one we both agree on.

Thats exaclty how we are but we're having a girl. I've found that family surnames are good for first names for boys. For instance, my mother in law's maiden name is Nixon, I like that. Graham was our first chioce for a boy. Good luck!

I am also a McSomething, and I really like the name Carson. I'm having a heck of a time with boy names too, but just keep at it! Something will come along. Maybe try your favourite books for inspiration? I like the idea of finding a letter that you like the sound of, and looking at all the lists based on that initial. Makes the lists less daunting.

Good luck. :flower:

Brendan McCall. I don't know why, it's the first thing that came to mind and I think it sounds nice together, haha. Good luck!

Don't feel bad! We had everyone calling DS one name that never felt just right and then changed it:) (before birth tho). We were going to call this one Greyson if a boy :)! Good luck :)

How about a name from a different culture? My husband's name is Karma, and if that weren't taken by him it would be my favorite boy's name if we had a son. Other boy names from his culture we are considering are Dorji and Dawa.

I also like Evan and William for English names.

Here are some boys names I like:

Sebastian (my son's name)
Alessio (my soon-to-be-born son's name)
Oliver
Elijah
Elianno
Luca
Julian
Mateo
Benjamin
Henry

Here are some recent boys names I've heard of:

Emerson
Preston
Winston

When thinking of a name, here are some helpful questions to ask yourself:

1) Does it suit an 18 year old young man applying for a job?
2) Does it suit a 40 year old professional who is respected in his field of work?
3) Do you like traditional names? Modern names? Unique names?
4) Do you like names that can be shortened or do you prefer shortened names?
5) Any names in the family that you would like to pass down?

Maybe it would be easier if you used your names first initial or something? I liked Porter, Carson and Preston from the listed names above. If our baby was a boy his name would of been Idris.

I am having boy number 3 and am struggling to find anything I love!

My two boys I already have are:

Rhys James Braden
Corey Joshua

For this one we know Jacob will be the middle name as I want another J initial but first names I don't know!

I currently like:

Finley
Noah
Henry
William

Can't say I really love any of them but they're the ones that catch me most at the moment xx

I am having boy number 3 and am struggling to find anything I love!

My two boys I already have are:

Rhys James Braden
Corey Joshua

For this one we know Jacob will be the middle name as I want another J initial but first names I don't know!

I currently like:

Finley
Noah
Henry
William

Can't say I really love any of them but they're the ones that catch me most at the moment xx

Noah is such a nice name and sounds great with Jacob and with your two other boys' first names.

Hi, I'm not techincally in the second trimester officially, but I'm almost there....

I love names and have a couple of ideas:

I think this name would sound good with Rhys and Corey:
Rowan Jacob

I also love the following names:
Hudson [If it's a boy, this will be his name]
Bennett
Lewis
Emerson
Eli
Levi [Pronounced Lee-V-eye]
Rowan

Hope you find something!!

roman
blake-james
corey
ryan
myles
reece
kai

Here are some I like...
Noah
Milo
Oliver
Jax
Bodhi
Marek

If you know any young teens/tweens on facebook I find it really interesting to view their friends names. I did this with a 13 year old girl I knew and the names were really interesting and culturally diverse.

If we were having a boy this time names we liked were Nolan, Emmett, Chase & Kylan.
Good luck! I know it seems tough but what your hubby said worked for us with this pregnancy and last. A random out there name was suggested and we both fell in love with it. :)

when i think McCall i think of names beginning with D... David being the first to come to mind something that ends with A would also compliment the bluntness of the surname

some names:

Dakota
Dakoda
Dana (love this name personally)
Deonta
Dima

names that start with D:

David
Dylan
Dale
Dominique
Declan
Donald
Dagan
Dallas
Darcy
Daniel
Dane
Dante
Damon
Daryl
Dax
Dayton
Dean
Derick
Demitri
Devon
Dion
Dixon
Dodge
Drake
Drew
Dustin
Dwayne

some ending with A:

Joshua
Luka
Mika
Nevada
Lorenza
Isa
Casanova
Asha
Andrea
Bubba
Alpha
Indiana
Matya
Kenya
Santana
Nova
Omega
Osca
Sacha

What kind of names do you like? Traditional, unique, longer, shorter? I know it's hard to pick a name, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the pickiest people out there when it comes to names. For me, I've identified some criteria of names that are "almost" right.

Also, I enjoy writing and if I like a name enough to name a character that, then I know I'm on the right track for finding a baby name.

I like names that are:
1) Real and don't sound made up
2) Not overly used, trendy, or in the top 100
3) If they will be nicknamed, I must love the nickname as well (I hate when a name is really beautiful as the full name, but then is nicknamed something horrible or overly common. I knew a little girl named Kadence and everyone called her Kadie. Kind of a waste of a beautiful name to shorten it to something so commonly heard. *Not that there's anything wrong with the name Kadie, just not my choice for my future child. Plus, why give a kid a lovely name only to shorten it to something else their whole life? Meh, just my opinion!)

With these in mind, it takes me a while to build a list. My boy name contenders are (in order of what we're considering)

1) Quentin Oliver (will most likely be the name we use...NN would be Quinn)
2) Beckett Elijah
3) Wesley (possible mn include: Hugo, Milo, Flynn)

We also like but probably won't use because of various reasons:
Robin
Rowan (becoming too trendy for my taste, but a lovely name!!)
Dashell
Gideon
Elijah (mn)
Calvin
Weston
Levi
Micah (too much like Michael, my husband's name)
Gabriel

Feel free to use any of these names, I'm not protective! :) Hope we've helped a little. Let us know if any stand out!

Thankyou so much ladies for your replies! I can tell you all put effort into trying to help, and that just hits the heart. :)
Unfortunately, I mentioned some of the ones I did like with DH and he didn't like any of them... :( He is definitely super picky... Lol I even saw a name on Google that cought my eye and even gave me butterflies in my tummy when I saw it... Surely "Anthony" was "the one"... But DH just replied "be patient with me please... I need time. Maybe as a middle name or something.. Make a list and we will look over it.".. GAH! How much more patient can I get?! I just feel like giving up now... Honestly, why should I put my heart into an entire list of names for DH to decide he doesn't like any? How is looking at an online list together any different?

I really think I'm just going to give up for now, it is just causing unnecessary stress. And its bringing back the dreaded "gender disappointment" that I JUST got over, as we already had a girl name picked... :( If anyone (family members, not on here lol) asks me about names again, I dont care, I'm just gonna tell them to lay off... Lmao

Thanks so much for your help ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->