just can't stick to it :(

dgirllamius

Lena's Mutter
Reaction score
I've been trying for the past 2 YEARS to lose weight and I just cannot stick to it! I will lose a few pounds and feel really good, but then stupid me gets fed up of dieting and I just pig out on shit.

I weigh about 90kg, give or take a few grams. I'm only 5ft 1" so I look like a right fatty. I hate being fat, I hate how clothes don't fit and stuff like that so why is it I can't stick to a diet?

I've tried myfitnesspal which was probably the most successful diet for me but I find it so annoying weighing things out and logging it all the time. I hate it even more when the food isn't listed (you'll find a lot of German food isn't -.-) and you have to spend time working it out and I get so annoyed with it.

I wanted to try slimming world but there is no way I can afford the 75€ for three months. Meetings don't happen here either.

I also hate exercising. I hate it with a passion. I feel like a fool doing it. I have tried 30 day shred and get so fed up of it after the first 10 days because it's so repetitive. I have also tried other Jillian Michaels dvds but they just annoy me so much and I get so frustrated when I'm in front of the TV and my big fat belly is flapping up and down.

Help!

I've been trying for the past 2 YEARS to lose weight and I just cannot stick to it! I will lose a few pounds and feel really good, but then stupid me gets fed up of dieting and I just pig out on shit.

I weigh about 90kg, give or take a few grams. I'm only 5ft 1" so I look like a right fatty. I hate being fat, I hate how clothes don't fit and stuff like that so why is it I can't stick to a diet?

I've tried myfitnesspal which was probably the most successful diet for me but I find it so annoying weighing things out and logging it all the time. I hate it even more when the food isn't listed (you'll find a lot of German food isn't -.-) and you have to spend time working it out and I get so annoyed with it.

I wanted to try slimming world but there is no way I can afford the 75€ for three months. Meetings don't happen here either.

I also hate exercising. I hate it with a passion. I feel like a fool doing it. I have tried 30 day shred and get so fed up of it after the first 10 days because it's so repetitive. I have also tried other Jillian Michaels dvds but they just annoy me so much and I get so frustrated when I'm in front of the TV and my big fat belly is flapping up and down.

Help!

:hugs:
I too am nota fan of working out.

I have been doing the insanity workout, and it comes with a program to follow, and lots of different workout disks.
I like the structure if following this program, and the different workouts help keep things fresh.
It's tough, but it's getting me toned.

Maybe worth a try. Xx

Honestly, for me, working out was HARD when I was younger-- I didn't stick to a routine till I was late 20's and ONLY joined the gym after I regularly worked out for 3mos straight- as I'd always join, then go for like 1-2mos and give up and waste money cancelling my membership-- but a lot of it is about finding what works for you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE classes- they keep things interesting and changing and I find that being in a room full of people is great motivation for me. haha. I still do my own cardio at times too- or go for walks with LO- least if I walk 30mis one way, I HAVE to walk home ;) Things like that. But now, I can't really go a day without working out- drives me mad... total opposite of me from years past! Maybe you just get bored too easy- and need to mix things up?

You CAN do this hun- but you have to be motivated. For me, I carried around an extra 15lbs that I never really had the motivation to lose (or more!!!)- but I'd get down to 170 so many times in my adult life, then just lose motivation to keep going-- after LO though, I was motivated to lose the baby weight and get in even better shape! So I did with the 'Loseit' app- probably similar to myfitnesspal though-- and although it worked great for me, it's obviously not for everyone. I just like ONLY counting calories- and not worrying about points or what not... I need it to be as simple as possible! LOL. Could you maybe try maintenance mode with the app for a while-- I know it's a pain at first, logging all the foods, but in time, it's eaiser and then you have it logged and done-- then you could go into weight loss mode... like 1lb per week. That is what I did. That way I was losing weight- but it was a slow go- BUT, I never felt deprived or stressed about it... just took my time.

Hope some of that helps- a lot is just about your mind set though, and where you are and how ready you are to put in that effort. It's not easy- but it shouldn't be HARD either... just find what works for you and go for it. Every lb counts hun- and if you start now, then you can look back and see the progress :)

Aw hun, i noticed you haven't been on MFP very much. I know you say you don't like exercise, but it doesn't have to be full on exercise. Do you like going on walks? Walking is one of the best forms of exercise and believe it or not a decent walk at just a slow pace burns quite a decent amount of calories.

I think what helps me keep up with my fitness routine and healthy eating is the fact i am not only doing it to lose weight, but for general health and well being. My immune system is stronger! It keeps my hormones and stress levels leveled... Even though i find it hard some days, when i think about the other benefits other than weightless; i really can't imagine life without it now.

Maybe if you take the goal off weight loss, and make it more about general well being it will be easier to persist with? I am at a point where i am too afraid to stop now, as i feel so much better mentally as well as physically.

Its not just about what we look like on the outside, it's just as much about how we feel on the inside. :hugs:

As far as the logging of food, I am totally hearing you with it being a real pain in the butt. Did you know you can save meals? So then when you log you just go straight to it? Or do you eat something different all the time? I try to keep my meals rather simply, similar and controlled apart from the odd slip up. Do you have a iphone? If you do you can also scan the bar codes! Possibly can with other phones too!

If you need any help with the site, or would like more motivation id be happy to help, as we are MFP buddies :)

Anyways you don;t always have to log food on there... if you go on a nice long, or short brisk walk, log that - and you will see the calories it will say you burned. I find it a real booster knowing a simple walk for 30 mins - a hour has helped my calories so much for a day.

But also keep in mind that calorie counting does NOT work for everyone. It actually doesn't work that great for me. I just make sure i make healthier choices, even with junk. If you feel like chips, make some sweet potato chips etc. The pressure you are putting on yourself could also be your un doing. Maybe just scrap the calorie counting, and try to get out at least once a day for a walk? Make healthier choices.... research 'healthy fats' because believe it or not they are so beneficial for weight loss. I am losing much more wright now since upping my calories on MFP, not worrying too much about counting them though, and eating things like butter, avacado's, full fat products in yogurts etc. You might find too if you allow more good fats into your diet, it just might control your cravings.

Man I wrote a massive reply and lost it because my internet died -.-

Well I'm not going to write it out again but I will just briefly write what I said.

I'm going to try again on Monday. I will probably go to MFP again but not use it religiously like I did. I find it annoying to use because most of the food isn't on there (even simple things like pasta - it just doesn't have the brands). Takes ages just to add a simple meal if the ingredients aren't there.

I'm also going to start Insanity. I know it's pretty rough but I have heard nothing but great reviews from it and will take it easy while I build into it.

I just wish these sweet cravings would go away. I have such a terrible sweet tooth.

We are the same! I have no motivation and I also have an additional strike against me because I am old ( I am assuming you are at least 10 years younger than me)! Sigh. I just bought a jogging stroller. I have NEVER ran before in my life, not even in high school, but wanna give it a try for some God forsaken reason!! My plan this time is to break it up. Nothing repetitive or else I will get bored. Walking, weights,elliptical, Zumba DVD, and eventually running. I am going to focus on exercise first and then adjust my eating habits as I go (or at least try). I recently did Atkins for 2 weeks to break my sweet tooth addiction. It did work but wasn't easy. You aren't alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->