Just cried at work in front of my supervisor

cantwaitforu

Mom of two boys and prego
Reaction score
I was with my supervisor, reviewing a document I had written. She always gives me constructive criticism - which I appreciate as a writer - and her and I always get along so well.

Today, while reviewing the document together, I started to get really flustered with the document as it became apparent that I clearly didn't understand something I had spent an entire day working on.

I couldn't hold back. I started to cry. My supervisor didn't do anything wrong. She handed me a kleenex and told me a story about how she cried randomly when pg with her daughter.

I just feel so silly. I am very professional but I just couldn't stop!!!! :blush:

I have been so weepy this pregnancy compared to my first. :shrug:

It's too much! I feel sooooo silly! I couldn't stop it, and she saw my eyes well up with tears then they just came pouring out. Thank god she is understanding and a mom herself :) but still. I've been told by one of my mentors to never ever let someone see you cry at work.

Awww that's so sweet and awesome that your supervisor was understanding and supportive. You are very lucky. :) As for the never letting someone see you cry at work - that's a nice idea, I wish that were even possible for me. I've cried in front of my boss a couple times (wish I hadn't, but I seriously couldn't control it) and I still get good raises and I recently got a promotion. It's not like it's something I'd advocate... it's definitely not fun... but it isn't career suicide.

My boss doesn't even understand what pregnancy is all about. When I told him that I would need to take pumping breaks when I got back from maternity leave, he looked at me and was like "What?! People do that??" lol

I've actually been less weepy since I've been pregnant. I haven't had any of my anxiety issues that I always have had before. I have no idea why.

Awww that's so sweet and awesome that your supervisor was understanding and supportive. You are very lucky. :) As for the never letting someone see you cry at work - that's a nice idea, I wish that were even possible for me. I've cried in front of my boss a couple times (wish I hadn't, but I seriously couldn't control it) and I still get good raises and I recently got a promotion. It's not like it's something I'd advocate... it's definitely not fun... but it isn't career suicide.

My boss doesn't even understand what pregnancy is all about. When I told him that I would need to take pumping breaks when I got back from maternity leave, he looked at me and was like "What?! People do that??" lol

I've actually been less weepy since I've been pregnant. I haven't had any of my anxiety issues that I always have had before. I have no idea why.

That's funny about the pumping! It's so foreign to some people.

I wasn't this weepy with my first and never had an angry surge of hormones either. This one is different - experiencing all kinds of ups and downs! Yesterday a complete stranger told me I looked great - kind of a random thing to say to a stranger, pregnant or not - and I felt the tears coming. Had to run away from him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->