Just declined Health visitor primary visit.

hypnorm

Reaction score
We declined it with Ewan and She phoned today to see if we wanted the Primary visit and hearing check. They had it on record that we declined it last time.
I dont know what it is with this HV but i just cannot get on with her, with Ewan she kept pointing out the domestic violence number at the back of the red book and asking if everything was ok at home, (OH had recently had quite a heated arguement with our local doctors over their after care of me once i'd had Ewan - they called me in to check blood pressure coz it was urgent, but then said on we cant fit you in untill after the weekend?? um you just said urgent... even though at the time i had the MW coming out every day checking my bp!) so obviously they had this on record and she just makes me feel like a jibbering wreck, i'm not the most confident at the best of times.

I asked what the primary visit involves and to be honest it all sounds like fairly basic stuff, i.e cot death, mothers health, feeding, weaning... i feel that her time would be best given to a new mum who really needs the advice.
I'd like to think that i am pretty up on things and have common sense, although not medically trained with humans i;ve gained alot from my veterinary experience.

Anyway i'm waffling, she just made me feel a bit guilty for not accepting the primary visit and is sending a form for me to fill in declining.
Ewan never had the hearing test and he is fine.

Was a wrong to decline? or should i trust my own judgement that i am ok.

I'll be declining all HV visits next time. I just can't be bothered with them, all they seem to do is try and undermine you all the time. Good for you I say.

Where I live in Canada they send a public nurse a few days after the baby is born. I declined for my second and third child. I knew what I was doing and knew my babies were doing just fine.

I had them last night but not sure if I will with my lil man

i don't blame you at all honey. i felt ours constantly undermined me. on the second home visit two of them turned up and they were just so rude. lucky now when we go to clinic there is a new hv and she is very nice. trust your own judgement honey :hugs: x x x

i dont bame you, i hated them coming to me house and treating me like i was nobody. now i go to the clinic with hv's that i like and trust and at my own convenience.

in fact my hv didnt bother turning up for first visit and didnt bother letting me know

Thanks that has made me feel better, even on the phone she was saying are you sure you dont want us to come out you dont sound so sure. She was making me nervous!
Then going on about how important the hearing tests are.
She had caught me off guard and typically the posty was at the door as well, and Ewan wanted to talk down the phone too so yes i probably did sound a bit harrassed! lol

From everything I have read about the HVs I don't blame you at all.

Luckily my HV is lovely, but regardless the waiting in for visits is a pain in the backside when I have so much to do and things going on. It feels like I havent had a minutes piece since sam was born sometimes. Thank God the Midwife more or less left me to it.
Other than the weight checks theres nothing neither I, nor the doctor didnt know anyway. Bit of a waste of time if your not a first time mum I would agree..

I'm always wary of HVs anyway. When we were kids we were home educated and my mum's HV reported her to social services!

I declined, but I work in health care and know what im doing too. I just wanted to be home with my family.

I declined, but I work in health care and know what im doing too. I just wanted to be home with my family.

Same here really i just want to be left to my own devices, i am medically trained albeit with animals but babies cant tell you what is wrong either so i am using the same skills and knowledge.

I dont think my HV was that undermining... but gee wizz she didnt half go on.... hahahaha! I used to dread her visits!! :)

my hv just left here and she forgot to bring the hearing test machine with her lol when rosie opened the door to her she was actually an hour early and thought it was my friend at the door she walked in i was putting rhys on my shoulder to wind and put the bottle in my mouth to position him and grab the lid. she didnt half give me a stare cos i had the teat between m teeth lol. she weighed him and did his lentgh asked if i was ok i said yes. i think the more quetions you ask the more lecture you get, i dont do very much by the book i make 3 feeds in advance and keep in the fridge none of this wait half hour for kettles to cool then stand by the tap waiting for it to cool. i just nod alot lol.
i dont blame you for not having them they sometimes create problems that arent really there.

I dont do HVS iether , ill pop to the docters if i want to know ellas weight from a HV there but i dont like them turning up and undermining me .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->