Just feel really rubbishy.

P

PubMissus

Firstly, I just want to be clear, that despite all the moaning and upset that I'm about to follow with, I am extremely grateful and happy to be expecting. It's just right now, everything feels a bit rubbish.

I'm 25 weeks and I just feel awful.

Physically I'm still feeling nauseous all the time and vomiting at least twice a day (although in the last few days it's been way higher). I can't enjoy any food or drinks, because if they don't make me sick then they will give me really painful heartburn.

Sleep is coming really hard, with the waking up to vomit or pee, combined with my mind spinning and my husband snoring, it just isn't happening that much. I'm really lucky if I get 3 hours. I am shattered.

We live in and work in a pub, which is great, of all the jobs I've had (having worked in television and marketing in previous roles) this is one I have enjoyed the most. It was my husbands career, that I joined him in when we decided to get married.

But of course being in this position just means that everyone has to comment on everything, our locals telling me how I should live my life, how I will feel and what I will do.

My friends aren't interested in me anymore, because I can't go out, and my main friendship group was boys, it always has been. Mine and DH's mutual friends are no longer interested in me, and only wanna see DH.

I am so jealous of him because he still gets to be himself and I'm here not even knowing who I am anymore. He doesn't get it, and he never will, that doesn't make him a bad person, it's just they'll never really understand. Partners get the whole pregnancy to adjust, we have to give ourselves up in a single moment.

I just don't know what to do with myself at the moment, I feel so low and unwell all the time, and just really alone in it all. When I try to talk about how I feel it just gets brushed away, or I'm told I'm an idiot or something.. I'm not the best at expressing myself either.

I guess it's also like a limbo period. The finish line is so far away, and the excitement of finding out is so far behind you... I'm no longer interested in buying baby grows or sorting out the baby's room. I'm just full of worry and upset.

Don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to her arrival, but the road there just looks so gloomy and horrible.

Meh!

So sorry your feeling this way. It can be quite a lonely road to travel and with all the physical symptoms, it is difficult. Can your midwife help with any of the sickness? Maybe look in to local bump and baby groups to find other mums to be that you can chat and hang out with?

I hope your feeling better soon. X

I'd def talk to someone about your sickness unless you are dead set against medication? It's not common to continue to be sick by 25 weeks, so I'm sure your doctor would listen to you! Particularly if you seem to be getting worse! I'm much earlier on than you but I'm on Ondanestron/Zofran and while it doesn't help my nausea much, it's mostly stopped my vomiting which in itself make you feel more human! There are a few options out there depending on where you live! I'm also on heartburn meds (I've been on them from day 1 because of a history of severe GERD) and again, a couple are considered perfectly safe in pregnancy. There are options to help if you are comfortable with them.

I really hope it gets better for you soon, pregnancy is tough. A lot harder than I expected! Try to embrace the days you feel a bit less ill and don't be afraid to cry or stomp your feet when it gets tough. I had a major sob on my boyfriend today as we had to go out for a family meal and I felt so poorly when I got up this morning! And I second antenatal classes or perhaps pregnancy exercise classes? A chance to meet others in a similar position? Thinking of you!

Thank you..

I went to the doctors yesterday and have been put back on medication for the sickness (I was on it during my first trimester although it didn't do a lot to help). He also put me on some stuff for the acid, he said that might be what's triggering the vomiting. We were a bit worried as I'd lost nearly 5lbs in a week. So I have to go back next week if nothing has improved.

There isn't really any pregnancy groups, and the only exercise groups are, unfortunately, when I'm working.

I've had a few big cries, and DH is trying his best to help bless him.

Saw our little girl in 3D today and that has made everything feel a little better.

I'm sorry Hun. I'm really struggling too, mainly physically but it's impacting mentally. There's an app called mush you could download. You can meet other local mum's so you arrange meet ups when it's convenient for you and you can meet people with similar age kids, pregnant etc. My suggestion would def be to try and expand your social circle with other mum's as you'll need that when the baby comes. First time round I met all my mum friends through nct classes. Sending hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->