Just For Fun - Can your pets tell when labour is near?

Dobsd

Reaction score
As it says in the title really!
I'm 36 weeks and the last couple of days, one of my cats has just been acting so strangely. She is following me everywhere, constantly meowing at me and just wants to be near or on me all the time. It is very cute! I know animals can be very in-tune with their owners state of being ao I'm wondering if maybe she knows something I don't?!
Does anybody have experience or know anything about pets 'sensing' that we are going to go into labour? As I said, just a fun question but thought I'd ask :)

Ohhhh. I never thought of this!!!

*stalking*

my pets have been driving me crazy lately!!!

They can tell when you are acting differently (this is why dogs are sometimes used as support animals for people who have seizures) or change up your routine, but as far as "sensing" or "smelling" there is no evidence that suggests they can tell that kind of thing.

Interesting question. I've been wondering the same about one of my cats. He won't come near me lately, usually he's so loving towards me and the other night he meow'd to go so I let him, then he meow'd to come back in with in minutes, he started acting strange then walked to the corner of the room where my shoes were and peed all over my shoes! He's never peed in the house before not even when he was a kitten. :(

No experience about the labour but I'm sure my husky knew I was pregnant before I did, her behaviour was really weird it started when implantation would have been, I didn't find out till a week later, she also now always puts her face against my bump like she's listening in lol

I've been wondering this too. Right before I got my BFP we got a new puppy to take our minds off of having a baby x) I noticed he was super clingy (he had to be in my lap to fall asleep) and that my older dog was being rather clingy as well. I thought it was just the new puppy then we found out I was pregnant.

Now both of them have gotten to be pretty clingy again and I'm hoping it means labor is close.

When I first found out I was pregnant my cat Dingo, who is usually very independent and doesn't like to be picked up or stroked, wouldn't leave me alone. She was constantly in my lap and snuggling me amd purring. That went on for a couple of weeks and then stopped. Anyway, she has just started up this behaviour again - she keeps trying to climb my legs but in a very cute, non-aggressive way.
My other cat Su is always very clingy, we always joke saying that baby will make child number 2 as Su is like a baby! Anyway, she has been even more affectionate than usual... she follows me everywhere, waits outside the bathroom door for me and starts to mew if I take too long in there.
I'm hoping it's a weird sign that things will start moving soon!

I'm sure they can, it's amazing how sensitive they are to the changes we are going through. My dog sleeps up against my bump at night (The rhythm of his breathing, rocks against me and lulls baby to sleep every night). Anytime I'm going through a new pregnancy symptom, he's always very alert and extra watchful. As a rule, he always knows when I'm planning to go somewhere for the day (even before I've gotten around out of bed) so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he were to be anxious around "DDay"

I was just wondering this! Usually my four kitties don't sit on the couch with me all at once. Only one of them is hanging out on the couch. Now it's as if it's their new bed. All four of them at once trying to fight over my lap. I'm curious as to why they are doing it. When I first found out I was pregnant two of my cats were so needy for the whole first trimester. I think they can sense something but maybe I'm just a crazy cat lady!

I was just wondering this! Usually my four kitties don't sit on the couch with me all at once. Only one of them is hanging out on the couch. Now it's as if it's their new bed. All four of them at once trying to fight over my lap. I'm curious as to why they are doing it. When I first found out I was pregnant two of my cats were so needy for the whole first trimester. I think they can sense something but maybe I'm just a crazy cat lady!

Haha you sound like a crazy cat lady, like me:happydance:

Haha you sound like a crazy cat lady, like me:happydance:

It's an honor to be a co-crazy cat lady with ya! They are acting so weird! I hope it means my LO will be here soon.

My cat will give me the heads up when I'm pregnant, she goes from being independent to needy.

she's been acting strange the past week or so too. Constantly looking for fuss and doing a weird meow like she's looking for something.

The other two on the other hand avoid me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->