Just found out....

xluciex

Reaction score
...#2 is due end may/June eeeeek I'm so nervous, as I start a new job tomorrow after just leaving one I had been at for 7 years! I won't be Eligible for smp so hopefully I will qualify for MA. A quick question for anyone who has been I'm this situation or knows of, but will my new employer keep my job open for me to return back to?

I do not have a clue when my last period was...although was sometime In August lol. How will they work out my edd? I have not been keeping record of my period since having LO. I only tested as I just 'felt' pregnant.

Since LO was a few months old I've wanted another, when I find out friends/family are pregnant I've been slightly jealous deep down, & felt quite annoyed that William & Kate were going to have another baby before me LOL... & here I am PREGNANT!

I feel because of my new job I'm finding it hard to get excited even though it has been something I wanted. I don't no if it's because of the shock surprise of an unplanned baby? Anyone been in this situation of found the news of #2 abit of a shock?

Sorry for the life story :haha:

Hi Hun, I'm not sure on the rules but I know that once an employer has given you the job they cannot take it away from you because you are pregnant.

Ironically I am in the same situation, found out last Friday (12.9) that I was pregnant and was due to start new job on the following Monday, however I have had some gestational complications with bleeding and haven't yet started, however they can't say that now I am pregnant I can't have the job (not that they have anyway they have been really supportive about it).

Good luck xx

Ty for your reply! Glad I'm not the only one lol...I no they cannot take the position away from me now, but can they refuse my return from mat leave? My manager left and changed to a different company in the same industry, she asked me to move over with her after I got back from mat leave, which I have done. I was looking forward to starting with her again & now I feel awful that I'm going to be leaving her in the lurch after her bending the rules to get me the job. (Although I'm happy & blessed to be having #2) I really don't know how to tell her/when?

Good luck in your new job hun, good to know they are treating you well already :)
Hope the bleeding subsides & you have a H&H 9 months!! xx

They can not fire you because you're pregnant and you're employer has to give you a certain amount of maternity leave by law. I had the Same worry with my last pregnancy but come to find out my boss was also pregnant and they were very understanding.

I don't think they can refuse your return after maternity, I mean they can come up with an excuse but if they are a decent company then they won't and they'll welcome you back with open arms. I don't really have that problem because I won't be returning after maternity but I might carry on as bank staff. My job is as an ambulance paramedic so as you can imagine when they found out I was pregnant (3 days after they offered me the job) they had to go through risk assessments and see what I couldn't do and see whether it was worth the 4 months staying on for... But until I have been given the all clear from the doctors and my scan on Thursday I won't be starting the job, we'll have to wait and see. Xx

I think the rules or laws protecting our JOB vary from state to state and country to country. I'm in the US so all I can say is good luck!!! And congrats!

Congrats! I'm due late May/early June too! I am not starting a new job now, but I'm being let go at the end of November (grant funding ends). I plan to start a new job in January, hopefully working from home doing Tax consulting (I'm a CPA) so they wouldn't mind me being pregnant. If not that, part time tax work outside the home.

Just gutted I won't be getting any maternity benefits as the NHS have some pretty swish maternity packages, but you need to be working for 12 months beforehand.

How do you qualify for am and how much is it?? X

I have no idea about the job thing, but I know where you're coming from on finding the news a bit of a shock! I just found out last week that I'm pregnant with #2. We weren't really trying but were planning on starting to try the following month, so we didn't bother preventing this cycle. We only DTD twice and it's not like we were trying to time it right, so we figured there was almost no chance. I had expected to have some time to get excited about getting pregnant before actually getting pregnant. Also, we had planned on trying for 3 cycles this year and then waiting until next year if we didn't get pregnant because the summer baby timing works for us. So I was thinking maybe this year or maybe next year, let fate decide or whatever. And then we got pregnant before we actually started trying. Oops! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and obviously we wanted to have another, but I think it's a very different feeling when it takes you by surprise. We tried (hard - haha) for our first and were so excited when we finally got the BFP! The only reason I know the date of my LMP is because I had a gyno appointment right before this happened and they asked about my LMP. Due date is May 27! All the best to you with your little surprise :)

That puts my mind at rest that I will have a job to go back to, I havnt been jobless since I left school and the prospect of having no job scares me a little.

I've just returned from my first day - needless to say I didn't have the guts to tell, think I'm going to wait until my symptoms kick in, tell them I keep feeling sick/faint/tired etc, then tell them I've been docs because of feeling like shit and ta-darrrrr I'm pregnant lol....

Good luck for u scan on Thursday steffy, I'm sure all is well and LO will be doing flips on the screen :)

Congrats misspriss- sorry to hear about ur redundancy tho, last thing you need when ur expecting, but good luck getting the new job!!

caT1285, we are in exactly the same position, we have always said we wanted another and not a huge age gap, when I got offered the new job we agreed we would wait at least 6 months of me being there so I would qualify for SMP.
We tried for a long time to get LO we had a mms in 2012 and I was in hospital with the MC a exactly a year to the day before my LO was born so he is deffo our blessing.
This baby is wanted...just came as a shock, being pregnant was the last thing I was thinking about this month & like you said there was no 'trying' involved so havnt had time to get excited.
We only DTD twice aswell and cannot even remember when we DTD to try work out dates loool. Congrats on ur pregnancy hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->