Just got BFP and youngest is only 7 months

Becky1987

Reaction score
Last night I took a test as couldn't remember when I had my period in December but knew it was the beginning as was no where near Christmas and before I had even pulled my pants up there was two strong lines :haha: we were wanting another baby and the age gap to be closer than the one we have with our eldest two but I haven't even gone back to work yet! I think I'm more nervous about telling work. By the time I go back I will be 22 weeks pregnant....we have a holiday booked in April and I don't want to go back before this as don't want to start my daughter at nursery so young and I don't feel ready to go back to work!

Sorry if it's all a ramble I think I'm a bit in shock

Morning & congratulations Becky :hugs:

You will be just fine, Irish twins as they say hehe! & it'll be lovely that they are close in age aswell, i dont think you need to notify your work until at least 25-30 weeks, they will have to honor the Maternity leave as it law :) you can still take full Maternity for your daughter & then extra to cover you full for baby no2

I fell pg 2nd time around when my son wasnt even a year okd, kinda freaked but then settled in, sadly that pg ended but its definately do-able :) lovely news xx

We got a surprise BFP when DS was 10mo... we're still in shock and wondering how the heck we're going to manage!

In the long run I think it'll be a good thing- playmates, still being able to use their baby stuff, etc.

Good luck, and congrats!

Congratulations! I'm sure it's definitely a shock but to think about the benefits in the long run I'm sure it'll be great. Your LOs definitely will be close friends! :flow:

Congratulations! I have a 4 month old and am now 5 weeks along with my second. We can do it!

Also to Claireybell - I think they're only Irish twins if born a year (or less than a year) apart :flower:

It's bad but I think I'm most bothered about telling work! Oh and also having to go back and actually do the time before I go on maternity again! Ah well I suppose they can say what they like there's nothing much anyone can do about it. X

Congratz!
I had twins in Feb 2012 and then got a BFP in Aug 2012. they where born early so was in hospital for 2 months so there now almost 4 and then almost 3 :haha: Now Im pregnant with my last - I find it easy with routeen they all go to nursery 2 days a week.... xxx

Congratz!
I had twins in Feb 2012 and then got a BFP in Aug 2012. they where born early so was in hospital for 2 months so there now almost 4 and then almost 3 :haha: Now Im pregnant with my last - I find it easy with routeen they all go to nursery 2 days a week.... xxx

You are so brave, it has made my situation feel much easier to manage! I have a good routine in place with my two already so hope the baby just slots in 🙄 I think I'm dreading the pregnancy and after two vaginal births I will have to have a c section this time due to complications with my youngests birth so that's scaring me too but I suppose that's all in the future. Thanks for replying xx

My youngest is only 6 mos. And I'm bfing morning, noon, & night. And I'm nearly 40. And I was done with the 8 children I already have. And My dh has super sperm that lasted 7 days! :wacko: Not planned, but very much loved already. Although I am still trying to wrap my head around it all!

I got pregnant with my 3rd when DS was 2 and DD was 6 months, completely unplanned and a massive shock! I was so scared about having 3 (thought I was done at 2) and worried about the small age gap. I'm only 6 weeks in to having 3, but so far it's honestly not as hard as I thought it was going to be. Couldn't imagine not having DD2 now - everything happens for a reason!

My first two were only 12 months apart... they were born in the same birth month! It was like raising twins in the beginning and I felt bad because I had to deprive my first of the attention she craved but in the end it worked out. They are now best of friends and play together which gives me time to get the house chores done. Once your second is born you will probably have to let some house work slide though and eat TV dinners most days but remember that it is only temporary and gets better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->