Just got BFP yesterday & found out progesterone is low today

kellig

Reaction score
hey, ladies.

i had a miscarriage in January at almost 11 weeks. the baby had measured behind and heartbeat was low. i had found out at my 7 week appointment that my progesterone was low (10.7) and my doc put me on progesterone supplements (200mg, taken at night). i later went in for a scan only to find out that the baby had stopped growing around 8 weeks.

fast forward 3 months-->
i got a BFP yesterday so made an appt to get blood work done this morning (i am 13po today) and i'm going back again on Thursday. just got a call from the lab and was told my progesterone is low again, at 7.5. she told me to go ahead and start the supplement again tonight.

does anyone have experience with this? what was the outcome?

i don't know if low progesterone is the cause of miscarriages or a symptom of a nonviable pregnancy. one doctor at my practice basically told me that if it's low it most likely means you're going to have a miscarriage.

if anyone else has taken progesterone, do you think the creams are better than taking the prescription pill???

I'm not sure about the creams or pills, but I'm on progesterone suppositories and they're working very well for me (it was either that or PIO injections and I had had enough with needles by the time it was time to take it).

I do hope you're able to sort your levels out and continue on with no trouble, will be keeping fingers crossed :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->