Just had a baby but looking forward to having the next!

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
This seems crazy to be posting but always planned on waiting 6 months after giving birth and trying again. :D

I didnt have the best birth, I had an episotomy which reopened and became infected, plus i lost a lot of blood so am servely anemic. So I may need to wiat a wee bit longer than 6 months, but i guess its still a good idea to get my body ready for the next.

Anyone else just had a baby and thinking about the next, or had back to back pregnacies? How long would you wait in between babies?

I was thinking about it the day after I had her. :haha: I would LOVE to be pregnant again but I had a c-section. Your not crazy at all. It's amazing being a mom so it's only natural to want more. :hugs: Good luck with everything.

I know the feeling. I am still too emotional because my baby could have died if they waited the two weeks to induce so I'm not sure if I want to have those thoughts in the third trimester. We discovered he had a true knot in his cord after he was born and during labor his heart rate kept dropping into the 50s. I had a wonderful dr but it is very hard for me to have thoughts that something could happen so close to having him.

I know the feeling. I am still too emotional because my baby could have died if they waited the two weeks to induce so I'm not sure if I want to have those thoughts in the third trimester. We discovered he had a true knot in his cord after he was born and during labor his heart rate kept dropping into the 50s. I had a wonderful dr but it is very hard for me to have thoughts that something could happen so close to having him.

awww hun thats awrful! My babies heart rate was dropping very low but that only happened right at the end when i was getting ready to push, hense the need to be cut to get him out quick, its so frghtening though isnt it?

Hello!!! I posted on here a while back about the exact same thing!!! We are also goint to TTC when LO is 5-6 months old if everything goes well :thumbup: There are a few of us here who are WTT until spring 2010!!!!
xx

I had a baby boy 10 weeks ago and we are already planning our next :) x

Hehe, it kind of feels naughtly even thinking it! how silly does that sound? I am really scared to even have sex because of my epsiotomy but yet I want a another baby!

My SIL wants to try for her 3 and last baby next year and I kind of want her to have hers first lol. She says its stupid to wait less than 1 year, I dont think we will tell anyone we are TTC and pron wont say anything until after the scan! If i can keep my mouth shut lol!

How long did you all take last time? for us it was our first offical month! I will feel really guilty when I join the TTC forum and there will be people there who are still TTC from last time :S poor things!

We are def thinking about ttc but need to see if we are entitled to to maternity pay if i get pregnant again soon!

I know as soon as i stop breastfeeding i will be gagging for another baby!!!

Thinking about starting to try when LO is around 1!!! Cant wait!!

I also really want to be a birthing partner to someone, ive all of a sudden got a fascination with birth!!!!!!!!!

x

lol, my hubby says its so amazing watching baby being born! he cant wait to watch again next time, lol! At least this time I know I want a epidural, what was i thinking last time wanting to be all natural lol

It took us 8-9 months to conceive last time which is another reason we are starting right away. I have ovarian cysts as well, so it is a little less likely for us to conceive anyway. If by some miracle it worked right away, ours would be just over a year apart (TTC in april) but like I said it will prob take longer. Trying to plan the finances though!

I had an all-natural birth last time and it went so well. If I'm lucky it will go as well again - I loved my pregnancy and birth. :cloud9:
xx

i was the same hun.
i am glad we waited this long though, i don't think i could cope with 2 in nappies plus 2 sets of feeds.
i have the patience of a saint but i couldn't deal with 2 under 2's.

The day after I had Bobby I was saying to our parents wen we have the next one!! hehe!

We are going to (try to) wait until Bobby is one so by the time I get pregnant and the LO arrives Bobby will probably be two.

I cant wait!! xx

I think it is wise to wait a while so that your body can readjust. We might TTC around the time our DD turns two. It took us awhile to conceive her so I am scared that once we start trying again, it will take an even longer time...opportunies to BD are fair and inbetween as it is! How do you all find the time?? haha. :winkwink:

Earl is less than 3 months old. I had a traumatic birth too but within a week of having him I'd already put up my WTT intentions lol. We'd always planned to have 2 and we always knew when we would start trying but having Earl just made me more enthusiastic about the whole thing. Financially we can't have a second until then, but it works well for us. I get to have Earl all to myself for nearly 2 years, then get to do the whole thing all over again! :thumbup:

My baby is 10months old. We are trying to get another :D hope it wont take long!

Yea i definatly know the feeling
Had a section with Faith & a wk later i cudnt believe how i really really really wanted another:shock: - if it wasnt for the section i think i wud have tried straight away!!!!...
6 mths later we started trying & 3 mths later i was preg with Christina :happydance:- & the same thing happening again now,the only thing stopping from ttc now is that gp advises to wait a bit longer 3rd time round - as i had another section with Christina - so im settling for ttc this yr June instead:dust::blue:

Me me me me me! I want one now but waiting until Sept so I'm with ya!! :hi: to all the august mummies by the way (sorry to hijack thread to say hello). We're all going to go through it again together :yipee: how cool is that.

Eternal can I just say fabulous name choice for the little one! :winkwink: just had to post purely because we obviously like the same things :haha:

lol! Yes Samuel is a fab name isnt it? hehe! what good choice we have! :D

I think atm the plan is to have 3 or 4! eck! I was an only child and always wanted to be part of a big family and hubby is one of 4 so 4 sounds good! :D def want the first 2 close together in age, but will prob wait longer between the next 2! otherwise i will be white! :S hehe

awww hun thats awrful! My babies heart rate was dropping very low but that only happened right at the end when i was getting ready to push, hense the need to be cut to get him out quick, its so frghtening though isnt it?

Yea, the only thing for the first month after having him that I could think of is how I could have lost him and I would sit there holding him and just sob! I never posted a birth story and a lot of people on facebook (like me ) had to lttc and I hadn't posted a note about it because I don't want to scare them. The scary thing is...I went to my pastor the Sunday before and asked him to pray for us as I had this nervous feeling that things were going to go terribly wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->