Just had a call from the nursery...

KX

Reaction score
Rebecca has bit two different children and they had to fill in incident reports and inform us.

I was just bloody giving advice on another thread last week about biting, hyporite eh!

Dale laughed but I cant stop crying as I feel so embarassed. They asked if she had been teething lately-she has but at the same time she has one almighty temper on her, and they said one of the incidents occurred when the other child took a toy off her. So I am not going to excuse her behaviour, but Im dreading picking her up tonight, the other parents might go mad. I know I would if it was my daughter being bit.

We are firm on her in the house, she has bit before but I thought we had got on top of it. Obviously not.

Sorry for the rant, I just feel people will think we are bad parents and judge us at the nursery...

:cry:

:hugs: hun. not condoning biting but if a child took a toy off her then she was sticking up for herself. Did they say what provoked the other incident?

They weren't sure as they looked round to find Rebecca sinking her teeth into the childs arm. I hope they arent badly marked :cry:

This sounds daft but if she keeps doing it can they ask us to take her out of nursery until she stops it?

Not sure hun, i think it depends on there policy.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

no i doubt theyll do that hun... all kids bite at some stage...

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks hun.:hugs:

I get a copy of the incident reports when I collect her.

please dont feel bad hun... you're not a bad parent, as you said you keep it under control at home and you've tought your daughter its wrong, what more can you do!?

Nobody will think badly of you or your parenting hun, these things happen the nursery know that and thats why they informed you

I'd speak to the other parents and let them know you are not happy with her doing this, that way they will know you care about what she does and won't kick off with you.
Not that they should because every child bites at some point

:hugs: Its my understanding that for toddlers to bite is a very commen thing. Like Jo said, maybe talk to the other parents. Im sure no one will judge you.:hugs:

Kx Seren has done this. She bit two children in one day. I like you tell her its wrong. She also tried to bite my friend's son last week but my friend nows I tell her no so she wasn't angry. She will stop doing it, Seren is doing it less and less.

Thanks ladies, think the hormones are on over drive as Im reading too much into things. Getting myself ready now to collect Jaws. I feel bloody nervous going in!

Will let uz know how I get on and thanks again for the support xx:hugs:

Sweetie don't get yourself stressed out about it, all kids bite at some stage!

If you see the parents of the other kids involved at the nursery explain that you do correct her at home and your not happy with her actions today.

Im sure the nursery will not ask you to take her out, but will prob ask you if she has done this before ... (they have a habit of doin that lol)

Hope everything ok hun
xxx

P.S Your NOT a Hypercrite sweetie!

xxx

Well I collected her, and had to sign the 2 incident forms. I got copies too which I am going to keep!

They wouldn't tell me who she bit and when they phoned the parents of the bitten children after Rebecca had done it they didnt disclose who bit them.

Beanie did u not feel terrible going to collect Seren when she had bit the children? i felt so nervous and embarassed but tbh it wasn't as bad as I thought eventhough I had to see the Manager:blush: but I just kept apologising and told the staff to send my apologies to the parents-whoever they are.

I honestly believe children can start the terrible 2's early!

Thanks for the support ladies and Imi get Ellie to hurry up!:rofl: :hugs:

Im glad it went well hunni ...

And how the heck do you expect me to do that?? I BEEN TRYINNNNNNNNG!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am in no way calling you a bad mother nor your child a bad one at all but, I have ZERO tolerance when it comes to biting. Allison was in a day care where a boy bit her in the face and in the arm and they did nothing. When he bit her again the next day and drew blood I pulled Allison out of the school. 2 days later I got a call he struck again and he was asked to leave. They gave me a month free but I never took her back becuase they allowed him to injure another child and to me that was one more too many.

I have zero tolerance on biting too Pumpkin, and in no way do I condone or excuse what she did, but to try and punish a 17month old baby for biting is impossible. She is told its naughty and lifted away from the situation to her own space but she is still so young to adhere to any warnings I or the nursery give.

Pumpkin, I don't sit there and applaud her for doing it. Seren gets told no and we sit her away from us. I feel crap enough as it is that my daughter does something like that. From your account it sounds like the nursery was at fault as they did "nothing".

Kx yes I did feel bad, especially as a few months before hand I had gotten really upset sa Seren had a bite mark that lasted for three days. But the nursery has been great. I have said how I am dealing with it at home, and they said that is what they do at nursery so I know there is consistency. Talk to them hun about your concerns. They will recognise that you are a mum who cares. :hugs:

Like I said I am not judging. I know biting is a phase some kids go through. I have just been unlucky enough to be on the opposite side of it and seeing your child come home with a full set of teeth mark on her face really pisses this mommy off! lol

I know I am not in your situation so I cant tell her the appropriate action to take, but I am sure you will get it all worked out soon :0)

I don't tollerate madeleine biting either ... I shouldn't expect any parent does!

Beanie, Kx like every other parent your doing your best and dealing with it in the apropriate way ....

Glad the nurserys are helping with the situation

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back