Just had a M/C have hypothyroidism

whisper91

Reaction score
When I was 6 wks I found out I had hypothyroidism an started my synthroid the next day, when I had my MC I was told my baby was as big as 6-8 wks when I was soppose to be 12.So devastated:nope: I was soppose to go to my first ultrasound last wedsday not have my MC confirmed.SO I am doing this naturally I am new at this an I cant wait to TTC but with this condition I dont know when is a good time or now I got medicine will it be better? Does anyone have this I dont really know much about just the fact that the stress+ the thyroid+ 2mcg of lead in my system wasnt working in my favor.So if anyone has any success stories that would be great. Or any advice thank you so much.:hugs:

Hiya,

i got diagnosed after tests after having had 2 mc's. The second time i went for my scan at 8 weeks, had to do an internal ultra scan, and although we saw a heartbeat i was put back a whole 2 weeks, to 6 weeks. Not long after i started to mc (but mmc and had a d&c). Both my GP and the midwifes at the hospital thought 2 weeks was a bit hefty and that it didn't sound right. Anyway..

After i was diagnosed i was told i could start ttc after a month on the meeds (im on levothyroxine). I was told id be referred back to the hospital's endocrinologist for follow up and checking of my levels when i get pg again.

Unfortunately i don't have any personal success story to relate to you - yet - but as far as Ive been told and the research Ive done the hypothyroidism shouldn't stand in your way. You simply need to be monitored asap as soon as you get pg to make sure you and the baby get optimal levels of the thyroid hormone.

Although i don't have a success story to tell you there are a few ladies on here who have gone on to get pg and deliver healthy babies while being hypothyroid so im personally not so worried about it.

Im sorry this happened to you and i wish you all the best in your tic journey, hun.

:hugs: Omi xxx

Thanks I know a friend who had two children an 7 miscarriages but finally found out about her problem after her last kid when she gave up. So I am happy that I got this all figured out first try.But none of my doctors are recommending me to an endocrinologist.An I am on the same medicine. Wish me luck in Augest.

I have hypothyroidism and am currently on 50mg of Levothyroxine. I suffered a misscarriage in 2006 but after about 9-10 months of trying fell pregnant again and am now the very proud mummy of a 2 year old beauty :) xXx

That makes me feel a litttle better I just hope I fall pregnant before December that was when the first was due I am already depressed seeing other kids =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->