Just had some possible good news

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Lysal, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Lysal

Lysal Well-Known Member

A friend of my mums has a holiday home by the coast. Recently one of their friends who also owns a holiday home nearby had a baby and so decided instead of transporting all their baby things backwards and forewards they would buy a second set of baby things for the holiday home. After the baby came they decided to sell both their main home and holiday home to buy one larger house by the coast so they no longer needed the second set of baby things.
    They gave it all to my mums friend as his son had just had a baby, but they had already brought a lot of their things and didn't want to use second hand anything so refused the lot. Now my mums friend has offered it to me (she just wants to check her son definately doesn't want it which he has said he doesn't)
    Apparently there's a baby bouncer, playmat, and various other toys as well as a large teddy rug and nursury bits. Although it's all out of the packaging most of it has never been used or was only used once. I'm so excited, just hope her son definately says no now.

2. poplet

poplet Well-Known Member

Brilliant, I love when things like this happen - my mums friend is passing me a lot of stuff on as she has not long had a baby and I'm not due til June, I am the opposite and don't believe in buying 1st hand when they grow so fast (unless it's too cute to resist or for hygiene reasons) Fingers crossed you get your goodies!

3. Lysal

Lysal Well-Known Member

I hope so. I think her son is mad turning down perfectly good things. He has never really had to work tor much as he and his girlfriend currently live with her rent free so all their money has been spending money.

4. kanga

kanga Mummy Wummy

wow that would be brilliant and a massive help, hope you get it! x

5. smileylexie

smileylexie Guest

Fngers crossed that you get it! that'll be a good help :)

6. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

Ooh great! Fingers crossed he says no. What a great help that would be. I am having some hand-me-downs from OH's brother and sister in-law which is brill.
    Good luck :)

7. Lysal

Lysal Well-Known Member

Just been told by my mum he's turned it down so they are bringing it round at the weekend :)

8. Mummy~L

Mummy~L Mummy to 2

Wow that is great!! xx

9. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

oh how i love bargins !!!!, free stuff is ace, and is defo gud to use, save on money i say whenever poss """