Just home from 20 week scan!!!!!!

jaccib

Reaction score
Left the house at 7.30 am.............in a blizzard for my 8.30 appointment usually takes 20 mins we arrived 5 mins late!!!!

Well everything is PERFECT!!! AND its a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• 21 weeks BOY!.jpg
    21 weeks BOY!.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 47
wow-wee that scan is soooo clear - it's amazing!!
Congratulations on a boy!

The blues seem to be taking over at the moment!!

Way toooooooo cute!! CONGRATS and welcome to Team Blue!! xxxx

Couldn't believe how clear it is myself. No mistaking it's a boy though:winkwink:

Awww thats a beautiful scan :D congrats on a baby boy x

Couldn't believe how clear it is myself. No mistaking it's a boy though:winkwink:

not to be crude about your lickle boy - but was having a good gander to see as I have my gender scan on Tues - and which part on the scan is actually the boy bits??? Not the thing that is almost up to his chin?? I am presuming that is a leg?? That would make him a very big boy??

Sorry if I have offended you!

No not at all.......the pics I got don't show the bit your after!!!!! :dohh:I will have to have a closer look at them all again and see if one shows anything!!!!

Just looked and no it doesn't show it at all....I do have the one showing the nub though if that would help????

woohoooo welcome to team blue honey xxx

Beautiful picture. Congratulations on your little boy. xx

No not at all.......the pics I got don't show the bit your after!!!!! :dohh:I will have to have a closer look at them all again and see if one shows anything!!!!

Just looked and no it doesn't show it at all....I do have the one showing the nub though if that would help????

ha ha what is a nub????? I have heard others talking about such a thing but never knew what it was! If it is no trouble if you could upload the nub picture and be specific about where it is that would be great!!

The "nub" is the bit sticking up midway....In a girl it generally lays flat against the body.

Any help????

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 16
The "nub" is the bit sticking up midway....In a girl it generally lays flat against the body.

Any help????

Interesting and what exactly is the 'nub'?? I am presuming it is not a penis or else the girls would not lay flat it just would not exist???? :dohh:

When they do the gender scan do they literally see a willy if it is a boy - is it that black and white?? Or do they take it from this 'nub'?

God I am so thick!! :haha:

Many parents are keen to know the sex of their baby before it’s born. By the time of your 20-week scan it’s fairly easy to tell the sex, as long as the person doing the scan, called the sonographer, gets a good view. The difference between boys and girls is fairly obvious at this stage. As your pregnancy progresses, the difference becomes even clearer and, provided there is plenty of amniotic fluid around your baby and it doesn’t have its feet tucked up between its legs, a third trimester scan can usually show its sex.

However, in the early weeks it’s not so easy. The sex of a baby is genetically determined at conception, but during the early development of embryos, they all look the same.

All embryos have a small bud or swelling. It's known as the genital nub or protuberance. If you are having a boy, testosterone starts being produced when you are about seven weeks pregnant, prompting the bud to grow and develop into a penis and scrotum. In a girl the genital nub will become the clitoris and labia.

This is a gradual process and it is only from about 11 weeks that it becomes possible to see any difference between the sexes. By this stage, all babies have something sticking out. In boys, it tends to point upwards at an angle of more than 30 degrees from the spine. In girls, it’s more horizontal to the body, at an angle of less than 30 degrees. The baby needs to be lying on its back for the sonographer to see this.

In fact, studies show that it's a pretty hit and miss affair. Early research showed that, in babies that were lying in a position to see, very experienced sonographers using top-of-the-range scan machines got the sex right in only 70 per cent of cases at 11 weeks, and in just over nine out of 10 cases at 12 weeks.

In a more recent study, sonographers could only correctly identify the sex in 46 per cent of babies at 12 weeks and 80 per cent at 13 weeks.

However, it’s very unlikely you’ll get to know the sex at a routine dating scan. Most scan machines aren't high-tech enough to see, and there won't usually be time for the sonographer to wait for your baby to be in the right position. By 13 weeks, your baby will be able to curl up and perform acrobatics so getting the right angle can be very difficult.

Being told the sex and then finding out later that it was wrong can be very distressing. Unless you need to know the sex because you have a family history of gender-linked genetic problems, it’s best to wait until your mid-pregnancy detailed scan. The chance of getting the sex right then is a lot higher.

Hope this helps a bit more??!!!

Jaccib you are my fountain of knowledge - thank you!!

No prob.......Internet and boredom put together is amazing!!!!!!!! :winkwink:

I would have said that nub was a girl!! I dont think much to this nub theory! ;)

Nice and clear :happydance:

Congratulations on team blue :yipee:

XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"