Just Interesting!

embojet

Molly and Ethan's Mummy
Reaction score
Heard this today and thought you might think it was interesting, I think it's amazing! My mum is good friends with the person in charge of the NICU that looked after Molly. She told her about a baby they have there now. She is one of twins, and was born at 26 weeks, she's doing fine. Her brother hasn't been born yet and they believe he may well now go full term! They will be twins but have completely different birthdays and could be in different years at school!

I didn't know this could happen until recentley and I'm still fasinated!

Astonishing but could be!

They could be dizygotic twins (fraternal twins) which occurs when two fertilized eggs are implanted in the uterus at the same time by two different sperms. These twins have separate placenta and hence do not depend on one another as in case of monozygotic twins.

But it is certainly very rare.

Haha! Thats amazing.. I asked about this when I was pregnant but they said they would deliver both babies in any case at my hospital

Wow, that is really amazing!

Must have been stressful at the time though!

Wow.. I didn't even know that was possible! That's amazing!

That's incredible. I'll bet their parents are really relieved about that. What an amazing story to be able to tell too.

It truly is amazing, my twins were born 3 weeks and 2 days apart however, Connor was just to early to survive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->