Just lost my angel at 12 weeks after two perfect scans, 7 losses now

That's exactly how I feel right now, terrified to try but if I think of stopping forever I can't face that either:( I've just rung doctors and at least they sent the referral yesterday to recurrent mc so I just have to wait and hear from them. I don't think they'll find any problems, I think it's my age, but I'd just really like some extra care if we did ever try again. My doctor refused to do even a hcg or progesterone check or early scan with my last pregnancy, I had to refer myself to epu xxxx

It's sad when doctors don't listen to their patients. I switched drs because my last one started blaming me for my miscarriages and wouldn't even listen to me anymore. It was hard to hear it from her because she'd been so supportive of me up to that point and to hear her shaming me over the phone was just too much. I know it was because she was so frustrated with my situation and that my losses were hitting her too but it didn't excuse her actions and I'm happy with my new dr. He's super encouraging and willing to do the tests I want when I want them done, even if he doesn't agree with me. Having that understanding dr is HUGE when you have a history of RMC and I really hope your referral goes through quickly and you like your new doctor(s).

That's the thing this is my NEW gp! I switched as my last wasn't supportive or sympathetic about my losses but she did at least offer an early scan. My new gp wouldn't do a thing he's only referred me cause the hospital told him to. So pleased your new doc is much better, its so comforting to know they're behind you. Just hope the DR's at the hospital are more understanding than gp! Xxx

Well, I hope the rmc dr is more supportive and hunts down the reason for your losses. I think many general practioners just don't know how to approach pregnancy loss because they don't know much about it and unfortunately, sometimes we have to be the ones who teach them. Or else they are just stuck in their ways and beliefs and can't accept that there is a reason aside from 'it was meant to happen' for pg loss. It's hard. But good luck with your referral. Have you heard anything on that yet?

No love still waiting:( I hope so too. You just feel so helpless that at least if you had some extra care and support you'd at least feel like you were doing something. I feel so on my own! I keep thinking I should of lost weight (although I weigh less than when I was pregnant with my youngest im still 2 stone overweight which increases mc risk) I should of drank more. Lots of what ifs! Xx

Don't beat yourself up too much on the weight thing hon. I'm a good 80-90lb over where I should be for my height but my dr hasn't been concerned too much with my weight. We both agree it's best for me and my health if I lose weight (and I'm working on it. Just started P90X this week in fact and have been working with a nutritionist/naturopath for a couple years to help with not only my fertility issues but my weight as well.) but he doesn't feel that my weight has caused my m/c. I have a friend who's far heavier than I am and she had 2 uncomplicated pg at that weight.

Thankyou:) yes I had Brooklyn around this weight a little more too so I'm hoping its not affecting anything xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->