Just made my first scan appointment

Bingo

Reaction score
I've just made my first scan appointment for the 4th Feb. I will be 7 weeks then, I'm only 4 and a half now. My fingers, toes and legs are crossed that everything goes well from now until then and from then on.

With my MMC in November I had an early scan at 9 and a half weeks due to spotting and they told me that baby had died at 6 weeks so I asked for a scan this time at 7 weeks (they offered me one at 6 weeks) in the hope that if I see babies heart beat that it will give me some kind of reassurance.

I'm feeling excited and positive but apprehensive and scared at the same time in case the same awful thing happens again.

The next two and a half weeks are going to go very slowly.

Im glad you have got a date for your scan, so that is something you can focus on!
I really want to get an early scan but I dont know if I will be allowed. Is this scan a private scan?x

Thank you ladies. I'm looking forward to it but very worried too. I know I'll be sitting in that waiting room and time will stand still. Fortunately I have a great partner who will be with me for support.

No, it's not a private scan, it's NHS. It seems to vary so much for area to area. It really doesn't seem fair that some of us are offered early scans and others are not. If you're having trouble getting one, maybe phone your Early Pregnancy Unit or your GP and stress to them that you really would benefit from the reassurance of an early scan. It can't hurt to keep asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->