Just need it out...

Koifish

Reaction score
Went in yesterday because I didn’t feel normal and had a bad random vomit. I first found out I have a UTI or so we think I had high protein and blood in my urine but to make sure it’s been sent to the lab. Blood pressure is normal/low, I am on antibiotics for now. Next I had my growth scan, which seemed ok until she said the weight 5lbs 7oz I know that’s a bit small. Her stomach is also measuring small. I can hear them talk about it outside my door about whether to send me to l&d or not. They didn’t and I go back Friday to have another growth scan and can expect baby between then and the 28th, pending my scans. Cord flow is good and placenta looked fine from what I was told. She reassured me but I am still feeling uneasy. They are hesitant to diagnose failure to thrive as her other measurements were ok. I am so terrified, I feel like this next week will be so long and I hope nothing fails as I don’t know why it’s happening. I was told if I am able to make 39weeks to expect 6lbs at the max and she will be skinny. Everything was going so smooth and normal and now I feel like I can walk in to be told I need another emergency section like I did with my boys. I am not sure if newborn or preemie clothes would be better now. I already have her hospital bag packed up.

I already had a hard time with the inconsistent movements but now I think it’s going to spike my anxiety. I went through hell with the boys which is where my anxiety came from and I am just hoping she comes out ok!

Wishing you and baby good health! As for clothes I read that the weight (in the US) for preemie sizes is under 5lbs and new-born is 5-8lbs. Hope you will update with good news *hugs*

Bless you. You've got this. Monitor your movements. Call your midwife if you are worried but honestly she sounds OK. She could end up a few ounces bigger. These machines could be slightly out. I know it's frustrating why they make u wait. I went ten days over with my daughter and developed pre eclampsia. Looking back I had had high BP for weeks and perhaps if they had induced me a few days early I'd or not ended up with it.

Keep us updated xx

Went in yesterday because I didn’t feel normal and had a bad random vomit. I first found out I have a UTI or so we think I had high protein and blood in my urine but to make sure it’s been sent to the lab. Blood pressure is normal/low, I am on antibiotics for now. Next I had my growth scan, which seemed ok until she said the weight 5lbs 7oz I know that’s a bit small. Her stomach is also measuring small. I can hear them talk about it outside my door about whether to send me to l&d or not. They didn’t and I go back Friday to have another growth scan and can expect baby between then and the 28th, pending my scans. Cord flow is good and placenta looked fine from what I was told. She reassured me but I am still feeling uneasy. They are hesitant to diagnose failure to thrive as her other measurements were ok. I am so terrified, I feel like this next week will be so long and I hope nothing fails as I don’t know why it’s happening. I was told if I am able to make 39weeks to expect 6lbs at the max and she will be skinny. Everything was going so smooth and normal and now I feel like I can walk in to be told I need another emergency section like I did with my boys. I am not sure if newborn or preemie clothes would be better now. I already have her hospital bag packed up.

I already had a hard time with the inconsistent movements but now I think it’s going to spike my anxiety. I went through hell with the boys which is where my anxiety came from and I am just hoping she comes out ok!

Aww poor you. Not what you need at this stage :hugs::hugs: . The very minute you feel her movements are even slightly different call your MAU. I'd always bypass my community midwife after viability . MAU is your ER for pregnancy , they are there to deal with any abnormalities no matter how big or small . ALWAYS , ALWAYS err on the side of caution. You're not wasting any body's time. My preemie was 5lb4 , came home at 4lb11 , took her forever and a day to put weight back on. She was in her preemie clothes and nappies until 7 weeks . I just bought her the basics to see her through .xxxx

xx sorry it's so stressful right now hun!! Try and stay calm and know that it will be alright. Only a few more weeks and I wouldn't worry too much about her being small. They can gain a lot in the last few weeks and I know lots of babies born at 5 lbs and still healthy as can be.

Thank you all for the support, it helps!! Yes I am definitely monitoring her movements a lot more closely.

I did not know there was something ER specific for pregnancy at the hospital,I will look mine up to have it on hand.

The preemie or small size doesn’t scare me as the twins were 3&4lbs. I just wasn’t expecting a smaller baby I guess. I am also terrified of having a third NICU baby. I am worried as to why she’s not getting nutrients or really growing. I am afraid if my placenta is failing or if my body is just failing her :/ I am glad that ill at least be 37 weeks come Tuesday which is a plus.

My daughter was estimated to weigh 5lb 11oz at 3u
7+3
I had her a couple of hours later (spontaneous labour) and she weighed 6lb 5oz

At 37+2 they estimated my son to weigh 6lb 13oz he was born 4 weeks later weighing 7lb 6oz

Don't read too much into the scan estimates although they are a good indicator of general growth and health they are massively unreliable with weights

Yes I know the machines tend to be inaccurate her size isn’t bad it’s more of the not growing that was concerning. I’ll find out soon how big or small she will end up being.

I have an update she has not grown and was diagnosed as Iugr today, they got a 2nd opinion from peri and the decision to deliver has been made so she’ll be arriving on Thursday.

GL mama! You made it to term! Thoughts are with you for a safe and healthy delivery xx

Just wanted to pass on some well wishes for Thursday!

It's good that they have picked it up and are doing what's best to keep your baby safe. Good luck with the labour and delivery. Hope all goes well for u. Look forward to an update and hearing all is ok with baby and momma

Good luck tomm!!!! My twins were 37 seekers exactly and were perfectly fine and bit over 6lbs each..im sure she will be good :thumbup:

Thank you everyone!! She arrived just before 1pm today at 5 1/2lbs! She’s doing good so far 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->