just need to be sure im in the right direction

vegazbaby

Reaction score
i struggled to breast feed and after four days fed formula
then after 2 days of formula my milk came in and i was feeling more confident

my son in now 10 days old, and for the last three days i have been feeding mainly breast milk in the day, and then formula at night and morning feed

hes tending to latch on for longer periods now and i want to try to exclusively breastfeed, instead of feed for a short while and get out the expressed bottle

i seem to be feeding non stop, it took an hour off on put him down then winged back on then off, i think he is eating, neck swallowing motions, feeling a pull and he had milk in his mouth,

my question is if im looking to get my baby off the bottle and onto breast should i expect a lot of off on off on to start with until we get more practice?

Feeding on and off constantly is normal for anyone in the beginning weeks. Babys trying to build up your supply so yeah your doing great keep up the good work!

If you're going the whole night without him BFing at all then I don't think your supply will get up to a level you need it at Hun.

Night feeds are the most important ones. X

You definitely are heading in the right direction, but like a pp said, the night feeds are very important to building your supply. So I'd start bf at night as well or at least pumping at night :)

thanks last night i gave him breast (couldnt be bothered to go downstairs ha ha),
thanks for your help we seem to be making slow but steady progress

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"