Just out of curiosity...

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I will never use this name - but it's a name I find very pretty!

Lindsey

I wonder why this name isn't used very often. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen it on anyone's name list on here over the past several years! haha

I feel like it's probably a popular name in a specific age group - but what age?

I don't think I've ever known, or gone to school with/worked with, anyone named Lindsey (i'm 35).

I guess i'm just curious why such a cute & pretty name is never considered by anyone! :shrug:

I'm sure I don't speak for everyone here, but I'm pretty sure Lindsay Lohan has something to do with it. No. Just no. :p

I am pretty sure I will never use this name - but it's a name I find very pretty!

Lindsey

I wonder why this name isn't used very often. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen it on anyone's name list on here over the past several years! haha

I feel like it's probably a popular name in a specific age group - but what age?

I don't think I've ever known, or gone to school with/worked with, anyone named Lindsey (i'm 35).

I guess i'm just curious why such a cute & pretty name is never considered by anyone! :shrug:

There were numerous Lindsey's with me at school. Sometime spelled Lindsay. I've always liked it. I'm 29.

There were a few Lindseys/Lindsays with me at uni. I'm 28. It is a nice enough name but it sounds a bit dated to me...An image of an over-weight, middle-aged receptionist comes to mind. I'm not sure why.

I'm Linzi, I'm 25 and there was one other "Lynsey" in my year at school.

PS. I'm not over weight, middle aged, or a receptionist.

x

I have a friend called Lindsey- she's 34 and was born in Scotland. I'd say it was popular for people from late 20s to mid 30s now? Wasn't there a season of the Bachelor with lots of Lyndsey, Lindzi, Lindsays?

I like the name Lindy. My mom is Linda, so it feels like a more modern version.

I went to school with a few Lindsey's so I'd second the above comment of 20s-30s age groups now?

There are a lot of names like Lindsey that I haven't heard used very recently at all, such as:
Bethany
Britney
Melissa
Michelle
Rebecca
Rachael
- They all seem to be 80s/90s names :shrug:

I know one who is 28. She does have trouble getting to spell it right though as there are do many variations

I know quite a few, they all early to mid thirties age range.

It did cross my mind that perhaps Lindsay Lohan ruined the name, lol. I still think it's very pretty though! I quite like it! I guess it was mostly given to babies in the 80s and is now quite dated.

When I was a kid I loved the name Tiffany, which is funny to think of now - it's also one of those very dated names (specifically to the 80s).

There are plenty in my generation - I'm 31. It is a very 80s/90s name, in the vein of Claire, Rebecca, Samantha etc.

I like this name a lot, partly because I've never met a bad Lindsay. I just have a good name association with it. I think it was a 1980s name, you don't hear it as often with babies nowadays.

I know a few and I'm 28 so def a mid 80's name. Pretty :)

My name is Lindsey, spelled with an E. ;) I'm 27 for reference and only knew one or two others with my name ever.

I used to not like my name but I has grown on me as I've aged. I think it's quite pretty now.

I'm a 31 year old Lindsay. It's definitely a popular name in my generation, though I haven't met a lot of Lindsays personally. I don't love it, honestly, but there's nothing objectively wrong with it. I'd prefer something that had an easy nickname, rather than just getting shortened to Linds all the time, but that's probably my personal hang-up - well all want what we can't have!

Yeah it is a very 80's name. Apparently 80's names are the next predicted trend so it might become popular again!

I've known quite a few Lindsays/Lindseys from my age group too... I am 32. I think it's a nice name. Agreed, names from that generation like Melissa, Samantha, Jennifer, Amanda etc haven't been common at all for probably 20 years. It would be interesting if they made a comeback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->