Just popped in from 2nd Tri...Question about Driving!!!

Jox

💙💙💙💝
Reaction score
Hello All,

Hope your all well and pregnancies going ok.

Im only 17+4 but will no doubt be in 3rd tri before i know it.

I was just wondering how many of you are still driving or able to drive??? are there many of you that cant???

Im planning on working up till 20 days before due date and have to drive 40 mile round trip!!

Just after a heads up really!!!

Thanks,

XXX

Hello,

I have driven throughout all my pregnancy and I don't seem to have had any problems. After about 36 weeks though, I did tend to keep my journeys short (about town types really) and left longer ones to the DH. I am off out in a short while actually and am only 2 days away from my due date :)

I think it is a judgement call really; as long as you feel happy driving, then you can carry on as long as you like.

Hope this helps.

xxxx

Thats great to know, i was also worried that i wouldnt be able to fit behind the steering wheel!!!

hehe

xxx

Same here its down to your judgement. I'm due next week but will only drive short journeys where I know the area just in case - I also just can't be bother to drive and park mainly especially reverse park!

I'm still driving now Hun however I am wary now as I'm scared of going into labour lol

well congrats to you ladies who are now so close to the end!!!

looks like driving shouldnt be too much of a problem then. Once i finish work i wont really drive anywhere coz OH will be home all the time with me and he will drive every where!!

Congrats again and good luck!!!

xxx

I was still driving in the morning of the day I went into labour! Had no problems at all x

hey there, I asked this very same thing the other day and got some really helpful responses: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/178023-driving.html
hope that helps too!

I was bloody huge, but still managed to drive :D drove till or maybe passed my due date.
I gave up on 250mile car trips at around 32wks.

Yeah, I'm still driving, have to manovre myself into the car, but once I'm in I'm fine. I've got an adjustable steering wheel so I've moved it up a bit so IF anything were to happen the airbag wouldn't go into my bump. I get uncomfortable with anything more than half an hour though.

I'm still driving too - I have had to lie my seat back a little bit this week so the steering wheel doesnt touch my bump!

I'm still driving and I'm very happy about that! With my twins I had to stop driving at about 30 weeks because i could no longer fit behind the steering wheel. Also I had lots of pelvic pain so i could hardly walk to get to the car and get in. I think I'll be driving till the end. Plus my little guy is smaller than any of my other children were at 36 weeks.

Yeah, I'm still driving, have to manovre myself into the car, but once I'm in I'm fine. I've got an adjustable steering wheel so I've moved it up a bit so IF anything were to happen the airbag wouldn't go into my bump. I get uncomfortable with anything more than half an hour though.

That's my only worry at the moment. I've leaned my chair back and moved the steering wheel up a bit so if the airbag goes off, it's up higher than my bump. Feels like I'm driving a school bus now... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->