Just some questions, please check them out.

ab2401

Reaction score
Ok I know a few of these have already been asked but its much easier for me (who's not the smartest) to get the answers if I just re-ask. :)

So Its rumored that having sex can send you in to labour.
Is it the sex its self or the sperm?

~AND~

Today, I'm pretty sure..... but not 100% sure that my plug started to come out. If this is the case it was just a little bit.

So is it still safe or was it ever safe for us to use lube during sex?
Or should we not use it since the plug is coming out/not there any more?

Also should we stop with the sex after the plug comes out completely?

Thank you ladies for reading and any answers you might apply.

:hugs:

Theres something in the sperm that can put you into labour but only when your bodies ready anyway. Sex is safe right up until your waters break (unless a dr has advised u otherwise for other reasons) And lube is fine to use x

It is true that sex can help you begin labor, but as xarlenex said, only if your body is ready!

It's the sperm that can do it but your orgasm could help aswell

It's fine to have sex right untill your waters go, lube is also fine to use :)

This is what I found on it:

Having sex works two ways. When a woman has an orgasm, Oxytocin is released which starts contractions. Also, when a man ejaculates, the semen contains Prostoglandins, a group of hormones which soften and ripen the cervix.

Hiya,

It's ok to have sex after the plug has come out, but not after your waters have broken,...

and it's the sperm that can induce labour (but won't until your body is ready) - it contains prostaglandins, which soften the cervix. Other things that can work (of the same sort of nature) are orgasms and nipple stimulation - Orgasms prompt your uterus to contract, as do the hormones released by nipple stimulation...

Don't worry about it sending you into labour before you're LO is ready as nothing can do that (that I know of).... but when you're overdue or close to your date these can be fun ways of encouraging the whole process to get a move on!

hi, just wanted to mention loosing the plug in my first pregnancy. The first day i had some discharge and a few sharp pains, the next morning i sat on the loo had some very sharp pains and out came the plug.
Its rank but it was like a huge lump of snot and quite alot of it. Some women have blood in theirs. I went onto labour 3 days later.
Hth x

WOW lewster,

I hope thats how it works for me. I'm still not really sure if thats what it was. The funny thing is yesterday I was to my doc. and she was talking about my plug telling me its about that time and when I got home, I went to the rest room and I had this little white jelly ball thing.... very small and looked kinda like a fish egg before the baby fish starts to grow and then I was walking and had a bit come that looked like snot. It didnt seem like the discharge I have had through out my pregnancy.

I haven't had anything since so I'm still not really that sure but I'm hoping thats a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->