Just started charting BBT have questions help

Lesly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have just recently started charting BBT and am not sure I understand what it all means. I started taking my BBT on the first day of my period and it was between 97.9 degrees and 98.5 degrees and then after my period was finished it jumped way down to 96.99 degrees and I am just wondering if this is normal because I have heard your temperature is supposed to drop once your period starts. Has anyone else experienced this or is this normal? I have only been ttc for 2 months and was previously on birth control pills for several years. If anyone could help with information I would appreciate it. Also, I am looking for a ttc buddy if anyone is interested. I am 38 years old and fairly new at this and it is hard to not get discouraged so if anyone wants to be my ttc buddy to help support each other that would be great. I don't get a lot of support from family and seem to be on my own with this.
Thanks. :flower:

Hi Lesly! I'm also 38 years and starting officially TTC'ing this month :)
As for BBT, as long as you're taking it at the same time every day, if you're ovulating you will see a biphasic pattern. Click on "My Ovulation Chart" in my signature and it'll show you what 4 or 5 of my cycles look like. If you use Fertility Friend, all you have to do is plug in your temps daily and it'll help pinpoint when you ovulate!

Some women continue to get a temp rise during AF and don't notice the drop until later, so this is all good. You might find that your body needs awhile to reset itself after being on BCP. :hugs:

Best of luck! There are testing threads set up by month, so please jump in over there and introduce yourself. Everyone here is wonderful and you are going to find tons of support! :flower:

Thanks for the message. I will definitely check out fertility friend. I noticed you were from Toronto and so am I but I am living in US now. Cool!

As for BBT, as long as you're taking it at the same time every day, if you're ovulating you will see a biphasic pattern. Click on "My Ovulation Chart" in my signature and it'll show you what 4 or 5 of my cycles look like. If you use Fertility Friend, all you have to do is plug in your temps daily and it'll help pinpoint when you ovulate!

I noticed you were from Toronto and so am I too. I am currently living in US now. Do you have any kids presently?

I noticed you were from Toronto and so am I too. I am currently living in US now. Do you have any kids presently?

Oh cool, fellow Torontonian :)
Yes, we have a 13 month old little girl. You?

Oh cool, fellow Torontonian :)
Yes, we have a 13 month old little girl. You?

No kids as of yet. This is my first time trying to conceive. Did it take you awhile the first time you tried to get pregnant? Where abouts in Toronto do you live? I used to live in Scarborough.

We're in Etobicoke, on the West end :)

I used Fertility Friend for 2-3 cycles before our first attempt at TTC'ing. It allowed me to narrow down my ovulation time, so the first cycle we tried, it worked! We :sex: the 5 days before ovulation and got lucky! I was on birth control until I started doing BBT and using Fertility Friend, so luckily it didn't take too long for my body to start ovulating! How long have you been off BCP?

BTW if FF requires a referral from an existing member let me know! It did when my friend tried to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->