Just started clomid - any advice?

kat08

Reaction score
Hi

I was prescribed Clomid on Thurs for my PCOS and started to take on Friday. Not had :witch: for 6 mths so was advised to start straight away and was given 2 blood test forms to use before my next appointment in 3 mths. Quick question should I go on Day 21 this cycle for a blood test (count Fri as Day 2) or should I wait to see if :witch: comes and go for blood test starting next cycle. Also when is the best time to :sex: when you have started clomid?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi Kat,

Sounds like they didn't give you much advice at your appointment! I'd imagine you need to go for a blood test this month. If you don't ov this month, they will up your dose for the next cycle. You only get a limited no of tries at Clomid, so I'd make sure you get tested this month so as not to waste next month if you need a stronger dose.
I was advised to test using OPKs from CD10, and to go in for my test 7 days post surge. Or CD21 if I didn't detect a surge. My consultant told us to BD CD 9, 11 and 13 or 10, 12 and 14. He was adamant that we should not do every day even tho dh has no sperm issues. I have oved on days 14 and 15 on the two cycles I have done so far.
Bear in mind tho that this advice was personal to me, I don't have PCOS, so if you are in any doubt about any of these points, I wouldn't hesitate to call and ask.

GOod luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->