Just though id share with you...

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
I just though id share with you a little bit of my giddyness.

We were talking at work lastnight what we would do if we won 10k. I said id make OH get married. They did the usual talk, im to young, you can make any one get married ect ect.

Finished work and OH came and met me in town to walk me home as he wont let me walk home from town on a night on my own.

I was telling him how the conversation went and he said if we had 10k id get married now but id rather put it as a deposit for a house:cloud9:

So i need to start putting the lottery on!

Awwww that's cute ^^ House = big commitment lol. OH and I have just sort of accepted that we'll be renting for the next 5 or so years. Unfortunately :(

Were the same unless we win the lottery. I think it will come down to a house or a wedding unfortunatly id rather have a wedding and he would have a house.

There is nothing wrong with renting IMO. I think owning your own home is overrated, expecialy in this economic climate. I mean how many people have lost there houses in the past year because they cannot afford to pay there mortgage?

Yeah exactly. If we were loaded we'd have a house, but we both agree that marriage and children are a bigger and more important commitment to us :)
And as you said, owning a house doesn't always mean you're any safer than if you were renting.
Do you think it'll be tough trying to convince your OH, or has he already agreed on marriage and kids instead?

Hes agreed on all of them, its the order thats the problem:rofl:

I want kids wedding house
He wants house wedding kids.

Hes gave in with the kids bit though so we will have to see how it pans out

Best of luck, at least you've got the kids sorted out :) xx

i think renting is a good idea first. We rented for 18 months before we bought sumwhere. It really helped us decide what we wanted to buy and sort out finances. We would have stayed renting but the opportunity to buy sumwhere was sat there on a plate so we thought we would go for it :)

If we had 10k my OH would spend it on a car :rofl: MEN! X

Wev been renting for 2 years. Were not on fantastic wadges so its ether save for a house or go out and have holidays and nights out. Holidays and nights out won.

Lol same with OH and I me thinks! We could've moved out a while ago but we wanted to enjoy the first few years of our relationship without any money worries. When he finishes his apprenticeship next year we'll go for it :)

Aww Lozzy how sweet.

And I really do think renting is overrated! We have bought, we were pressurised into it as it was the "right thing" but it wasn't the right thing for us and as soon as the market has settled again, we will be selling up and renting!

xx

I think the majority of Germans at least in the cities live in rented homes,well these also belong to somebody , but house prices are never an issue in politics or news in Germany at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->