Just using condoms and no other contraceptive??

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
I've been having lots of troubles with my pill lately and as a result I have stopped taking my pill, I physically couldn't bring myself to continue taking if with how it was making me feel.

I have been on this pill (Yasmin) and also the depo shot and both have messed with my moods badly. I am worried about going on any other contraceptive as I'm afraid it will have the same effects! I'm sick and tired of never feeling right because of birth control. I have a nurse appointment booked for tomorrow and will be discussing options then. I m really reluctant to keep on with anything though. I am quite stuck with the idea of just using condoms.

Had anyone just used condoms as birth control? I am obviously worried as they aren't always 100% effective. Has anyone had any problems with this method? Just looking for experiences really. Stuck as to what to go for! Xx

Hi :)

I took cerazette, the mini pill for around 5 years without much hassle. Last March, my moods were suddenly horrific and my bleeding was constant. I decided to stop taking it and I made an appointment with the nurse to discuss it all. Like you, I wasn't too keen to try anything with hormones again, I wanted to give my body a break (at least for a short while) to have some normality.

Our plans to TTC complicated things a little bit, and the nurse said the implant or coil etc weren't suitable for me. So condoms it was! We're managing ok with them so far, I keep an eye on my cycles and my fertile time so we use condoms then. I know that just after AF and just before, we can go without. We've never had an oopsie! OH isn't totally keen on them, but he knows that its gotta be done. For the first few months we used condoms all the time, but now I feel a bit more comfortable knowing my body etc.

Hope you get on ok with the nurse today

x

Thanks for your reply :) im not sure what to do now. The nurse put me on another pill microginon or something and she said to try it for 3 months and see how i feel on it. But im quite wary to try anything. I think i would rather stick to condoms like yourself. We arent currently ttc so i dont know when abouts im ovulating etc so would have to use condoms 100% of the time.stuck wether to try this new pill or not!xx

No problem :)

It might be worth giving it a go, I think microgynon is quite a common combined pill so maybe it suits most women. You can always stop it again if it's awful. How does your OH feel about using condoms?

x

Me and my OH use condoms only. I stopped taking my mini pill to give my body a break been on it 2 years orignally to slow heavy bleeding after my second baby. Me amd my OH thought enough is enough need to stop this as was getting bleeding on and off all of a sudden. Although my doctor is getting a Ultra sound arranged to check incase i have cysists on my overies.Me and my OH have decided not to have any more babies when i was pregnant with my second. So he is getting a vasectomy next month. We have been fine with condoms and we were fine with them the years before i went on the pill. Ive got to an age also where i dont want chemicals in my body. Taking my Thyroid meds is enough but i really need those coz its keeping everything under control.

Oh same boat hun!! Ive been on the implant (Implanon) twice both times my moods were awful and i had a non stop period!! The Depo was the same awful moods but no periods. Microgynon was just as bad i just felt emotionless then angry then tearful.. eugh so i was swapped onto Marvelon which was ok but makes me nausious!!! No winning so i stopped it last week and im giving my body a break!! Condoms it is. I want to get spermicide gel too but ive no idea where to buy it? All the best! xxx

Babydance I got some concieve plus from Ebay of all places a company sells it on there.x

Thats our current method of contraception. I am planning to get the Mirena coil fitted though but we have relied on condoms alone since lo was born and we've been fine.

I don't deal well on the pill either so its not an option for me.

I've had the prescription lying in my bag for days and I have no desire to go pick the pill up. I just don't want to feel the way it makes me feel anymore! My OH isn't bothered about using condoms, he just wants me to feel normal again. My moods swings mainly are taken out on him! :/ I think I'm just going to have to rely on condoms. I physically don't want to take anything that's going to effect my body and moods. I was thinking about getting the coil fitted but I've heard bad things about it so that's put me off. Plus me and OH are thinking about ttc at the start of next year so the coil isn't ideal xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->