Just wanna give up everything

Dona

Reaction score
It's getting harder to go to work everyday working for a toss pot of a boss and managing 12 men and ladies that need more round the clock care than Archie. I used to love my job and was the 'company chick' type of girl. Now I just wanna give it all up to work and help babies born like ours. I'm in a highly paid job which used to satisfy my needs as money motivated me. Now, money is not a high up priority anymore. The satisfaction I get from running my wee support group and standing up talking for BLISS gives me a real sense of satisfaction.

What do I do? What can I do? ARGGHHHHHHHHH HELP!

Is it just a phase I am going through - help Mums help!

Do you *have* to work, and work there? I'm kinda presuming you do, otherwise you'd be looking at "when" you can change your job to something more worthwhile, rather than "if".

All I can suggest is that, Archie-willing, you concentrate your efforts into free time activities, such as promoting BLISS. View the paying job as giving you the financial freedom to do what you want with your free time.

If you think that long-term you might like to work with special babies, then could you start doing more towards this goal? Perhaps running a mum & baby group, or starting to study ready for nursing qualifications, things like that?

I don't know if it's just a phase, if it is, then I think I'm suffering too. I'd never really considered the idea of working in a hospital before (as ward clerk etc) but since having Andrew, I've applied for many jobs, one of which would see me on the reception of his NICU!

i think you should do what you enjoy doing. Life is too short to be miserable!! Good luck with whatever you decide to do xx

I think like this. Before I had the twins I loved working, My job is not highly paid buy I did enjoy it. Now I feel like I work to pay the nursery and have a car and my boss is not exactly the same as before. We have another member of staff to help me out and its confusing.
I would love to do something to help other little preemies like ours! That would be truly amazing! x

Not at all Dona! Whilst we were in Neonatal OH was going on about how he would adore to work in neonatal. When we got home all we could think about is "what can we do for others?" I would love to do something, perhaps when Lexi is a bit bigger.

I worked for a nursery billing parents and it SICKENS me now to think how much money these places get! £800 a month for a full time child is just greed!In comparison to what I've seen now, I cant justify working for a place like that when I see babies getting 24/7 care in neonatal

Hi Dona, I can totally sympathise, I work five days a week full time on a very good salary. I am the main breadwinner so I have to work whilst my OH stays at home, and looks after Emily, I find it so hard.
I think if you have the means for you to give up your job and follow your heart AND you can survive on 1 salary then I would consider it. Money is nice to have but as you have realised like all of us, it can't buy life or happiness. You need to do something you enjoy and fulfils you!

I'm not there yet. I hope I still find the same satisfaction in my job when I go back......not sure if I will.

You could see if you could get that Bliss woman's job or something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->