just want to cry :(

cattymouse

mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi im 11 weeks pregnant with my second child and im extremly tired at the moment, i get up early tidy as much as i can....every room of the house my oh works and when he comes in all he does is moan at me saying im lazy ive not done enough and calls me names and its starting to upset me now coz i tidy up everything and i have his tea ready when he comes in he doesnt appreciate anything i do.....:( i think ive had enough now :(

Wow... You are doing a lot better than me! I am expecting no 2 and have done no housework at all - I have to nap 2 hours every afternoon when my daughter does. When she goes to sleep I promise myself I'll do laundry etc but here I am lying on my bed! Tell your partner to give you a break. In 3-4 weeks you will feel much better. Til then, just look after yourself.

Calling you names is cruel and bullying. No one has any excuse to call you names, especially being pregnant. What he's doing is exerting his authority and power over you, and that is totally and utterly unacceptable.

Does your child hear him talking to you like this? What kind of lessons is he setting about how relationships work and function?

I'm so so so sorry you're having to put up with it. You need to talk to him and tell him how you're feeling, and I'd maybe even suggest talking to relate or something similar about the relationship.

I hope he is able to see the error of his ways, but if he doesn't then you really need to think about what kind of relationship you want to raise your children in :hugs: name calling is pathetic :(

Not surprised you've had enough. :hugs: I'm 12w pregnant with number 2 and after a day looking after my toddler all I can manage is to collapse on sofa. It will get easier - but try explaining to your partner that it's his child you're pregnant with which is why you're tired and that he needs to help more. You need to look after yourself - and if the house is messy for a few weeks it really doesn't matter.

That would not fly with me. I'd be single before I put up with that junk...jerk. That is all that is. :growlmad:

If that was my hubby he'd be out the door quicker than he could say sorry. I nap in the day too and I've a three year old to look after, my OH cooks tea most nights because I'm literally just too tired to do a thing, been pregnant is hard work I think your man needs to sort his act out, and as for name calling? That is god dam disrespectful to the lady who's carrying his child. Sorry your going through this shit Hun :hugs:

:hugs: have you seen the post online (think i saw it on facebook) about the woman whose husband comes home to find the house looking like a bomb site, water flooding the bathroom, mess in every room and no food cooking. He eventually finds his wife in the bedroom and asks what happened and she replies well all those things i usually do everyday i didn't bother doing today!! (my explanation is not as good) but perhaps you should not bother doing anything or if it was my OH i usually say if you don't like what I do do it yourself :grr:

Tell OH to bugger off, and give him a to-do list when he comes home!
Oh and a pregnancy book which clearly explains how you are feeling....

Aww hun that's totally unacceptable of him. He, of all people, should be treating you with respect. In fact, a good OH will be helping you do these things/ will tell you not to bother doing them. Being preggers isnt a walk in the park and I dont think he realises that unfortunately. I definitely wouldnt put up with that. Ive never let my OH talk to me like that (preggers or not preggers). Talk to him, let him know he's not working with you as a team and he's not showing you proper respect. Good luck hun xx

Your husband is being a jerk. Name calling is never ok.

:( have you tried talking to him about it? That's extremely rude, and I'm almost 12 weeks and JUST got around to doing dishes that have been sitting for God only knows how long. Our house is a mess but DH has never criticized me for it, he does tease me about sleeping so much but I know its only playing. I would tell him that he's really hurting your feelings and he just can't understand how exhausted you are.
I hate that, men can't get their heads around the fact that making a human is hard work, even from the beginning. He also needs to realize that stressing you out is not good for you or the baby.

At least you have the energy to do all of that! I have no energy at all and as much as I love my BF he's definitely frustrating me too. He comes home and complains that I haven't cleaned or made dinner...I'm sorry if I'm completely exhausted and feeling like crap.

My dh has been a tough one to train, you can't change a person but you can certainly teach them how to treat you. The way I did it was make him realize what it was that I did for him daily. It started when he said something unacceptable to me one day, while I was cooking him dinner. I took the dinner and threw it in the garbage,( I really felt bad about it ) but I just remembered the way he made me feel. Then I stopped doing his laundry, cooking , cleaning , and wasn't nearly in the mood for DTD. This went on for quite some time. He really began to see what he was taking for granted and changed his tune. He appreciated the things I did a lot more and realized that "if mama's not happy NOBODY is happy" (his words) and the funny thing is he tells everyone that now. We still have our days, everyone does. But he changed his tune and doesn't take me for granted anymore, which is what seems to be your oh's problem. I'm sorry you're going through this! And I also made it clear to him that calling me names wasn't working for him and was getting him no where. Name calling doesn't get the laundry done or get the house clean faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->