Just wanted to share with you all ....

dannigizmo

mummy to a wee superstar
Reaction score
That my beautiful wee Emma is ONE YEARS OLD on the 17th!!

Cant believe it really, hope yous dont mind but since i never posted when Emma was in hospital (was a major mess as sure you guys know) or got to write a journal i would like to share her wee story, well a very shortened version lol!! Just cause i love talking about her!!!

Emma Deans Graham was born on 17th October 2008 by emergency c section weighing 1lb 5oz at 26 weeks gestation due to IUGR caused by myself only having one kidney (didnt know that at time).

Emma spent 21 days in maternity unit and 228 days in Yorkhill Sick Kids.

She fought through collapsed and holes in her lungs, loads of infections, pda which was litigated on Xmas Eve :nope: ROP stage 3 which required 4 hours of surgery and the worst, necrotizing enterocolitis (nec) where we nearly lost her, but fought back though less than half her bowel survived. Then got it again!!
For months we didnt know if she had enough bowel to live more than couple of years as her liver was being damaged from the TPN but she turned a corner (kept hearing that from the nurses though never believed it) and on 23 June 2009 after ventilated 9 times, 5 operations, 7 infections, 2 central lines, 15 blood tranfusions and millions of lines, tubes and wires lol, she came home free as a bird!!

It was the worst and best 12 months of our lives, but god was she worth it!!

She is now a happy, normal (if there's such a thing) baby, though on the small side (16 half lbs) and makes me laugh and smile everyday. I cant have anymore children now but Emma fills my heart with enough pride, joy and love that i am blessed anyway. We are all so proud of her.

Having a big party on the 18th, 70 adults and 20 kids (OH MY GOD) and just wanted to share her story! I am not a proud mum am i, hahaha!!
Sorry for going on a bit, very emotional at mo, just feel soo happy and lucky that we will see this day.

Big thanks to everyone here and kisses to your VIP's!!! xxx

She's come through so much:) happy birthday for 2moz emma x

And so you should be a proud Mum, you have a lot to be proud of :hugs:. She has done brilliantly. It's amazing what they can go through and come out the other side so strong. You have a lot to celebrate.

Love your avatar by the way, Molly looks like that after evry meal! :dohh:

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Emma:happydance:

You and your little star have been through soooooo much these past twelve months, I think you reserve the right to feel a little emotional! Emma really is a brave and determined little girl, she must get it from her mummy. Hope you all have a really special day tomorrow x

You have every right to talk about your little one and be proud of Her, She is truly a miracle.

What a marvelous and strong beautiful little girl Emma is.

Aww Hun Emma is truly amazing, no wonder you can't stop talking about her. What a great story to tell. She is a wee stunner too.

All the best for tomorrow and I look forward to seeing some pictures of her eating her birthday cake!

Again, congratulations!

Dona and Archie xxx

Thankyou ladies, tend to go on a bit but hope yous can forgive me this time, hahaha!!

Will get pics up with the cake defo, mmm i cant wait now, and im on a diet!!

xxx

Happy Birthday to Emma! You should tell your story it is an amazing one and a story about an incredibly brave strong little girl! I don't blame you for being so proud. Have a lovely day! Look forward to the photos...Big hugs! x

Happy 1st Birthday Emma. A proper little superstar :)
xx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!:wave:

Wow, you both went through soooooo much, but look where you are today!
Well done you two:)

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPECIAL GIRL!! your story made me cry-you have such a strong beautiful little girl. No wonder you're so proud of her.

Many many happy returns for today sweet little girl, and lots of Luck, Light and Happiness for your future :cloud9: xxx

Wow, what a little fighter! She went through so much! Sofia got NEC but we were so lucky it was caught before any damage was made, I've never been so scared in my life. Can't believe Emma went through that twice and so much more.

Happy Birthday Emma! :cake:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->