Just wanting some understand and advice

katangel90

Reaction score
My husband and I are trying to conceive for our first little one. stopped taking BC in may 2014. I stopped a week before I finished the BC pack, it threw everything out of wack for the summer. :wacko: My time span between periods ran longer and the periods were shorter. September we went to my primary doc and I had been feeling extra tired and losing more hair than normal. She did a full blood panel. Came back with a clean bill of health side for a slightly low thyroid no medication needed. :) I've been taking 800mg folic acid since June. Still nothing. Bought the ovulation kits and pt's. I'm ovulating according to the kits but no baby by the time periods happen.

Normally, a week before my period I would crave sweet and salty foods, (chips, dips, candies, etc.) This month I didn't have nearly the craving I would normally have. Very little salt and sweet items. My next period is 10/19/14 which has started today but notice it to be abnormally light. i know this might be TMI but it was mostly brown I had expected red of the start of a new period.

My family doesn't know we are trying. a few friends do but I feel isolated that we haven't conceived nearly as easily as our parents had. Hope can find help and support here! thanks!

oooone last thing what with the accronyms?!?!:nope: i have no idea what they all mean. lol thanks again!

Here's an acronym list I snatched up from babycenter.com lol

2WW/TWW - Two Week Wait
AF - Aunt Flow (Your Period)
AO - Anovulatory (No Ovulation)
BBC - BabyCenter
BB - Birth Boards
BC - Birth Control
BFN - Big Fat Negative
BFP - Big Fat Positive
BF - Boyfriend/Breastfed
BBT - Basal Body Temperature
BC - Birth Control
BCP - Birth Control Pills
BD - Baby Dance
BHCG - Beta HcG Test
BF - Boyfriend
BO - Blighted Ovum
BTDT - Been There Done That
BUMP - Bringing Up My Post
CBD - Clear Blue Digital (HPT)
CBFM - Clear Blue Fertility Monitor
CD - Cycle Day
CH - Crosshairs
CM - Cervical Mucus
CP - Cervical Position/Chemical Pregnancy
CS - Cesarean Section
DF - Dear Fiance
DH - Dear Husband
DPO - Days Past Ovulation
DTD - Did The Deed
EDD - Estimated Due Date
EP - Ectopic Pregnancy
EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucus
FF - Fertility Friend
FHS - Follicle Stimulating Hormone
FMU - First Morning Urine
FRER - First Response Early Result (HPT)
hCG - Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
HEDD - Hopeful Estimated Due Date
HIPPO - Happily Ignoring Previous Poster Opinions
HSG - Hysterosalpingogram (test)
HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
IB - Implantation Bleeding
IC - Internet Cheapy (test strip)/Incompetent Cervix
IUD - Intrauterine Device
IUI - Intrauterine Insemination
IVF - In Vitro Fertilization
KMFX/FX - Keeping My Fingers Crossed/Fingers Crossed
LP - Luteal Phase (the time after ovulation to AF)
LPD - Luteal Phase Defect (when your lp is less then 10 days)
MC - Miscarriage
MMC - Missed Miscarriage
NFP - Natural Family Planning
NMS - Not My Style
NTNP - Not Trying Not Protecting
OB/OBGYN - Obstetrician/Obstetrician Gynecologist
O/O'd - Ovulation/Ovulated
OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
OP - Original Post(er)
OT - Off Topic
P4 - Progesterone
PAN - Pass a Note (Messages)
PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
PG - Pregnant
POAS - Pee On A Stick
PP - Previous Poster
RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
SA - Semen Analysis
SD - Sperm Donor
SMEP - Sperm Meets Egg Plan
SMU - Second Morning Urine
SO - Significant Other
TCOYF - Take Charge of Your Fertility
TI - Timed Intercourse
TMI - To Much Info
TTC - Trying To Conceive
US - Ultrasound

It could be the spotting that happens before a period or it could be implantation bleeding. You should test. Good luck!

i'm gonna try tomorrow after work. I've been normal bleeding wise since I was 13 lol just the dates are a bit off. I hope so. Even if he/she is born in JULY ugh lol

Right, no fun!! But I'm getting impatient here!

It's just been frustrating lately. My cousin who wasn't even trying announced on FB that she was preggers all summer!! 13 weeks!! so jealous. All with AF today has just been a real downer in the fact that I can't talk to any other female that I know because they either PCOS and had kids 10 years ago or were all easy in getting pregnant. My DH has been wonderful in understanding but just feel like he can't fully understand. u know?

Ahh I'm sorry!! I just had my progesterone levels checked last month and they were 2.2! I have regular cycles and get the cm but still had that low of a number. It could have been a weird month but my DR gave me the clomid. Ive had two early miscarriages and havent had any luck since March. So something is up. Maybe you should try the iso flavones or femara? At least look into it.

And I get it. Everyone is telling me to be patient and to relax. Ugh! Drives me insane. How do I relax after losing two of my babies and have all this pelvic pain? They thought I was making the pain up in my head but then the DR found 40 cysts on EACH ovary. Lol don't make me feel like I'm losing it! How long have you been trying?

we have been trying since may. So not quite at where testing is necessary

I feel in the same boat as you and everyone around me is pregnant or conceiving easily and then there's me with nothing. My af is rare and doesn't help, neither do doctors they just tell me to wait! Its so frustrating! X

Katangel we have been trying since May as well. Well, I stopped taking my BCP mid-pack, not realizing that it could throw things off. My cycles were regular, however, but still haven't seen a :bfp: yet :nope: My most recent full cycle I SWORE I was pregnant - I had a super short :af: to start, acid reflux, taste issues and other symptoms... but then the :witch: came :cry: I have been charting, using OPKs, checking my CP and CM, using Pre-Seed as a lubricant and even got an at home SpermCheck fertility test for him :wacko: My cycles were 30, 26, 25, 26 then 28. I'm on CD7 today. My most recent :af: was super short again :shrug: The months prior they were 5 days, now at 2. I've been to the OB/GYN and he says everything looks good and what we are doing is ideal so to continue and if we haven't had success by January then he is going to schedule an HSG to see if my tubes are open. No one really knows we are TTC, definitely not my family, but my very close girlfriends know as well as his parents, brother and sister. We've been keeping hush hush about it now though since we had a false :bfp: (I read the test wrong) our first month and it was a huuuge disappointment :cry: I've also stopped temping, charting, testing, checking, etc. because I was super stressing myself out over it all. I have two kids already and wasn't really trying at all, just knew it *could* happen... so hopefully if I have a NTNP attitude we may get a little surprise in the next couple months :coffee:

:dust: to you! :hugs:

Sorry haven't written back on this. As you can see in the signatures. Happily :bfp: !! I stopped OV strips and was honestly in the back of my mind for a few weeks. Waaaay to stressed out to even care. I checked my app P'Tracker and saw when I as supposed to ovulate. Said to my self if it happens it happens. Well :) it did!:happydance: I found out after I got off work. Cramps were like :finger: my :af: was supposed to show up Saturday and didn't. thought it was just being long. so bought a :test: and told the DH when he came home. He's excited and is hoping for a :pink: girl while I'm hoping for a :blue: boy. Each set of soon to be grandparents don't know and they aren't going to find out until :xmas16: So excited!!

Congratulations! I just read through from the first page so was nice to see you got your BFP in the end :) I've been off BCP for nearly a week now so probably still have a while to go.

Thank you all!! It's still sorta surreal. Biggest symptoms is extreme tiredness, sensitive boobs, and finding out that pretzels are gone for awhile :( oh well totally worth it!! GL LouOscar hope it happens quickly!! :dust: !! Thank you all for your support! I am so happy I found this website. It's been very helpful now if only the book what to expect when your expecting wasn't so boring I would want to read it more. I like my DH version better!

Wow I happened to come across this post again and saw that you had been trying and were now expecting, not even realizing that I commented on this post earlier :dohh: Congrats to you!!! :happydance: :hugs: I have been trying to find cycle buddies and women my age or who have been TTC for months after stopping BC. I am kind of NTNP right now but really hoping we get a surprise soon. I see you stopped obsessing over OPK and then got your :bfp: and that's what I'm hoping for. Spent my last cycle trying to relax and not doing anything but :sex: but we were on vacation in Florida with my two kids during my estimated fertile window so we didn't really get any :sex: in :nope: I estimate that I'll O sometimes next week, as early as the 8th so hoping we get more :sex: in this time around :thumbup: I'm trying not to think too much about it but it's something I want so very badly, more so for him than myself.

Thank you all!! It's still sorta surreal. Biggest symptoms is extreme tiredness, sensitive boobs, and finding out that pretzels are gone for awhile :( oh well totally worth it!! GL LouOscar hope it happens quickly!! :dust: !! Thank you all for your support! I am so happy I found this website. It's been very helpful now if only the book what to expect when your expecting wasn't so boring I would want to read it more. I like my DH version better!

I recommend Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth. It's pretty entertaining and realistic lol

I recommend Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth. It's pretty entertaining and realistic lol

I'll have to check that out. The first 50 pgs are either i've been through or going through a bunch of dif diseases and all that crap. I am clean woman. My DH is the only one in darn near every aspect of sex life so it got boring reeeeeal quick. will check out that book!! ty MamaBunny2 for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->