Kacey Victoria is finally here

Emz_number3

Reaction score
UPDATE!!! - BIRTH STORY OF KACEY VICTORIA...

hi ladies i can finally announce the arrival of my gorgeous daughter Kacey.

Birth story...

got tothe hospital at 1pm like they told me to...unfortunatly the hospital could not find my notes, brilliant start and it took them 2 hours to find them, in which time i was hooked to a monitor, everything was fine, i was ready to go, they found my notes but now they didnt like the fact that it didnt say where my placenta was lying, so they needed permission off the registra lady if to go ahead or not, by this time i was getting very frustrated and anxious, by 6.00 the midwife said everything was ok to finally go ahead (5 hours AFTER getting to the hospital) very annoying and boring i must say, but anyway the pessery was inserted at 6.10, nothing happened for a while, they hooked me again to the monitor at 8.10 but no contractions or pain. so i thought it wasnt working...and decided by 10.30 that id just try go to sleep. was woken up at 12ish by my first contraction which was ok for me to breath through. they started coming every 9 minutes exactly <<weird but i new when to get ready for the next one. they offered me paracetamol which did absolutly f**k all lol... i told me OH i NEEDED gas n air, they had to examine me first they said and i was only 3cm!!!! my heart sunk as these pains felt like they had done more, so anyway the gas and air helped ALOT!! amazing stuff. by 2.30 the pains were AWFUL..i remember moaning very loudly with the gas and air and ithought to myself omg i know these are only gonna get worse. the midwife told me its time to head for delivery suite, when i got there they wanted me in there hospital gown not to sure why. so i got dressed which was hard as my OH was outside having a fag <i know great timing> he was back within minutes and i realised i just wasnt dilating very fast, so the kidwife said she would break my waters but warned me that if she did the pains would be worse and recommended an epidural as the baby was lying OP position (spine to spine) which makes labour alot worse, last longer and basically all round awful (which is why it was taking me so long to dilate) i told her to go ahead and break the waters, and when she did WOW she wasnt kidding about the pain getting worse, she said the anithitist is on his way for my epidural and my pains did not leave any gaps i was having contraction after contraction...againthis was because of the OP position the baby had. had my epidural around 4am..took a while for it all to kick in but was so happy when it did, i could finally talk to people and rest, i got to 8cm by 8am, and i could feel so so much pressure i just wanted to push but the time was not ready...around 9.45 it was time to push, although it was difficult to know when to push as i couldnt feel contractions only pressure i kinda just knew when i should be pushing. it was very very hard work to saythe least, i felt like i wasnt getting anywhere..tried many positions, i just could not get her moving, then i herd the midwife say Emma the baby is getting tired now...and as soon as she said that i just knew i had to work harder..1 hour of pushing and she was finally born at 10.45am Monday 5th September..weighing a nice 9lb 5oz.

was home by 6pm that day.

Attachments

• kacey.jpg
    kacey.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 55
Congratulations hun, she is gorgeous, been looking for your announcement/birth story.

xx

well done you - back to back too - ouchy!!!

she is gorgeous, congrats

my first was a back to back baby too i refused the epidural though but REALLY hope this baby is in correct position as it was horribly painfull

Congratulations hun she is beautiful. My son was back to back and the labour was awful and ended in a emergency section so well done you! xx

Aw congratulations, bet you're glad she's finally here! :) xxx

Atlast! Congratulations on ur beautiful baby!!! Xxx

congratulations! gorgeous bubba!

She's soooo cute!!! well done mama!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g