Kai Alexander Hamilton is here! 26/01/09

N

Neecee

So I'm finally getting round to recalling what happened the other day! Please excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes as little Kai loves to snuggle up on my chest as I'm typing (and he smells so good I don't wanna put him down!)

Ok, so I started to feel a bit more uncomfortable with twinges and such on sunday (25th) and the pains slowly got more intense throughout the day. It finally got to the point on sunday evening where the pains were closer together and lasting longer than a minute each so we called the Birth Centre and they told us to come in.

Got checked out and was only 1cm dilated so we went back home as I was more comfortable there anyway and wanted to ride it out at home for as long as possible. So we got back home about 1am and hubby called my mum to let her know that I was back home for a while. All I can say is my mum must have been sat at home in the car, keys in the ignition, just waiting for the call because she got all the way from Reading to Croydon in about an hour which as far as I'm aware isn't even legally possible!!!

So I sent hubby to bed and mum stayed up with me as I just couldn't sleep because the pains were getting worse each time. I managed to last til 6am and then decided that it was time to go back in. When we got back to the birth centre and they checked me I was only 3cm dilated which pee'd me right off! They strapped me to a machine to monitor the contractions and Kai's heart and I was also put on an IV drip as they said I'd contracted a UTI and I'd probably have to be induced.

My midwife was absolutely wonderful - her name is Shai, in case anyone ever comes across her at Mayday Birth Centre. She kept us so entertained and in the loop at all times. I was let off the monitor for a while but I was still attached to the drip, so mum decided it would be good to walk around for a bit. Then she decided that walking wasn't enough and as I had my ipod and speakers with me, I should make the most of the pole I was attached to and do a spot of pole dancing to ease the contractions! So off I went in my sexy hospital property gown, pole dancing around my room to ease the pain!

Anyhoo, contractions were getting stronger and baby was really not coping well. I hadn't had any pain relief yet, but when they came in to induce me and I was examined, they found I was 8cm and waters were bulging so the midwife broke them for me - that gushing is the weirdest feeling! They found there was meconium in the water so I was rushed to the delivery suite to get to the real work.

In the delivery suite, I only managed to get 3 puffs of G&A before Kai's heart rate dropped drastically and the next thing I knew there was a crash team in the room and I was being whisked off to theatre for an emergency c-section. It was all really scary but the medical team there were absolutely fantastic. The hardest part was trying to sit upright with my back curved over whilst they were trying to get the spinal tap in - all whilst the strongest contractions were going on. My midwife had to actually hug me to get me into the right position. My whole body went numb from the boobs down and then Martin (my hubby) walked in in full scrubs! The trousers were too short and too tight and he looked so funny! I felt a bit of pushing and tugging and then all of a sudden Kai was dragged out kicking and screaming and peeing over everyone!!! He was taken away and cleaned up and then Martin brought him over to me and I just burst into tears I was so relieved he was ok! I've never done so much praying in all my life! While they were stitching me up, I spent the next 5mins willing myself to keep my eyes open because I was feeling drowsy and I was scared if I closed my eyes I might never wake up again.

I was then taken to recovery and Kai was handed to me. I wanted to feed him and he latched on straight away (which is more than can be said for him now!)

We're so happy to finally have him here and I feel so blessed!

Kai Alexander Hamilton
7lbs 9
53cm long

I'll post pics in a min, just wanted to post story in case the computer crashed and I lost the lot!

Attachments

• poledancer.jpg
    poledancer.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 260
  • hellomummy.jpg
    hellomummy.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 145
  • KAM1.jpg
    KAM1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 120
Ahh congrats. He knows who his mummy is too, judging by the way he is looking at you.

CONGRATS X :hug:
LOVE THE PICS HES LOVLEY X

Love the pole dancing pic!!! :lol:

Great story x x

awwww well done you.
huge congratulations. he's yummy.
xx

Congratulations!! He is lovely xxxxx

:rofl: at the pole dancin pic-love it. Congrats-he's lovley. x

hahah you are too cute!!! you did fantastically mama well done, he is amazing! I love his eyes ahhhh. feb mums reign jan! lol
I know you had a shit time, but i know it was worth it, your lil man is gorgeous!
im proud of you mama, you did goooood!
love you lots
xxxxxx

Congratulations hun! Kai is gorgeous :hugs: I love the 1st pic lol! I'll remember that one for when I'm in labour... Dance around the room! Brilliant :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->