Kairen Charlie Lacy ~ 20th Jan

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
gota try remember everything and write it all down lol,

first things first, i was 41 weeks pregnant and started getting uncomfortable tightenings about midnight or just after (20th jan) but went to sleep thinking nothing of it, woke up at 2:30am because the pains were getting quite painful but knew it was going to be a long time yet, i got up and had a cup of tea and sat about until about 7am when i took some co codomol and tried to get some sleep, i dosed till about 8am and just cudnt lay there anymore with the pains so i got up again and wandered around the co codomol had slowed everything down a bit the contractions wernt regular like before and some were painful and others wernt, but they soon got back to being regular and painful lol, at about 10:30 my DH phoned my mum to tell her that i had been having the pains all night and she said she would get ready and come round, she also phoned my brother to come pick up my son for me and so my brother arrived at about 11:30 and picked up brendan and then my mum arrived about 11:40 and we sat for a while i timed my contractions they were 3minutes apart and really painful i was struggling to get through them, DH went and bought some chips at chip shop so i could try to eat something but i couldnt i felt to sick, i gave in and said i needed to go to hospital so we got there at about 1pm and i had a bloody show while tryin to give them a urine sample, they put me in willow suite because labour ward said i needed to be checked before i was allowed up there, i got checked and was 5cm dilated and started on the gas and air :happydance: the midwife also gave me a sweep and stretch to get things moving a bit faster for me, i got to stay on willow suite even though i was a high risk pregnancy, i think they knew then that kairen was big because the midwife was askin me how tall i am and what was my shoe size lol, things progressed really fast after id been sweeped!! and at about 2:15pm i kept telling them i wanted to push but they wouldnt examine me because id only been examined at 1pm and they arent meant to check you more than every 4 hours!!!!! i kept on telling them to check me because i didnt want to push and damage my cervix LOL so they checked me at 2:30pm and i was 8cm dilated!!! i continued to push because he was up so high, then they made me get on my knees on the bed at about 3pm because they said he was to high and gravity would help him move down, i really didnt like being on my knees and asked to go to the toilet for a wee lol so i was allowed to toddle to the toilet with my gas and air where once i was in there i refused to go back to the bed unless i was allowed to lay on it LOL but they said no id have to kneel so i stayed in the bathroom sat on the toilet lol they said that was a good position to cos he would still move down, at about 3:30pm i said he was coming and i had to wadde back to the bed and they told me he wouldnt be there already, DH had gone to the toilet and got back just as i was clamberin onto the bed good thing he did because babies head was right there and i was pushing him out lol, the midwife told me to stop pushing until they had gloves on but i couldnt wait lol!! i pushed him out to his nose and mouth but then he got a bit stuck and i kept pushing but he was going more purple every second (that i heard from my mum i couldnt see myself) and then i got his head right out the cord was wrapped around his neck twice, he was born at 3:41pm when he was fully born he was a horrible deep purple and he was completely unresponsive, they pulled the alarm cord and didnt even have time to clamp his cord before cutting it, they grabbed and cut then hung those clamp scissors on it and ran out of the room with him, there was blood all over the wall and midwifes face where the cord had sprayed, 6 special drs came running to where he was and was working on him, i never saw all this it was done in another room, DH got to go and see him after about 20 minutes, they didnt explain to me what they had done to make him ok but i know drs were crowded round him and he had to have oxygen and we did nearly lose him, they brought him back in the room to me about 40 minutes after he was born his feet and hands were still very purple but they said that could take 24 hours to pink up, he was weighed and was 9lb 6.5oz!!!! then i was stitched up which took quite a while was told it was a 2nd degree tear but i duno what that means lol!! i had to stay in for 24 hours because Kairen had to be chcked every hour they checked his heartbeat and temperature etc every hour and he was allowed to come home the next day :D

here is a pic of him he was very puffy and swollen up in these pics so looks a lot different now already lol
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/o0o_charlie_o0o/SDC10155.jpg

Thankyou for sharing your story
Hope you are enjoying your new son and relaxing at home! xx

Aww congrats, and so glad everything is ok. Sounds like he gave you a proper fright! He is gorgeous Kx

He certainly gave you a scare...congratulations x x

Oh Charlie, that sounds so scary. I'm so happy that he is all right. He is absolutley beautiful.

Ohhh gosh what a time sounds scary , So gald hes all oknow and your both home happy . xxxx .

What a scare! he is gorgeous hun well done! xxx

So glad he is okay! Angels must have been watching over him. BTW-- babies born on the 20th of January are said to make the best astrologers! Congrats!!!!!! He is precious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->