kairen jay - birth story

mammisarah

Reaction score
kairen Jay was born on 14.04.10 13.38pm weighing 8lb 5oz

on the morning of monday the 12th of april i had a sweep at 40 + 8 carried out by the local midwife and she told me tht i was already 1 cm and cervix was very favourable and i would have my baby by wednesday.

monday night had slight pains but managed to get sum sleep which was pleased about:thumbup: as hadnt slept well for months.must have been my body getting ready for labour lol.

Tuesday woke up with sligh period type pains they were coming between every five 5mins sometimes and then would stay of for like 30 mins so no real rhyth:wacko: around 8pm on tuesday evening the pains were getting more intense tried to stay at home as long as possible.Around 11pm i called the delivery suite and explained what was happening as the pains were coming every 10mins now.was told to take paracetamol and try and sleep.

No way was i going to be able to sleep so rang back and was at the hospital for 1am wednesday morning the ward was really bust so was asked to sit in the waiting room while they got me a room ready:shrug: cudnt belive it lol.

When i finally got a room i was put on the monitor and the midwife came back evey 30 mins to check on me at 4am i asked to be examined she didnt want to do it as it was more work for her and kept saying are you sure u want examined.YES im sure lol.so when i was finally examined i was 5cm thank god i was thinking i was only going to be still 1cm.

5am i then got gas and air was brill haha was talking rubbish to my mother and oh things seemed to move on quite well and the gas and air worked really well for me and was really keeping the pain to a minimum.was examined again at 8am and was then 9cm cudnt belive it then oh mother arrived.She then broke my waters as they had been buldging for a long time.Then at around 11am the midwife told me that it wouldent be long untill i would want to push and she was right the pains got stronger can remember what time i actually started to push tht was the last thing on my mind.She then broke my waters as they had been buldging for a long timeThe head was born and a couple more pushes and he was here 13.38 pm he was then placed on my chest he was perfect during all the emotion and feeling overwhelmed i didnt even think to check whether it was a boy or girl for a couple of mins ha. The midwife then lifted the towel so that me and oh could see the sex so that we could tell our mothers.

I was then given an injection to deliver my placenta and that was out within minuites and then my mother cut the cord as other half cannot stand blood and is terrified of hospitals was so proud of him for staying all the way throught the labour and didnt once complain:hugs: .I had a 2 degree tear and had to have 2 stitches so back on the gas and air i went to have them didnt feel anything at all.i then passed him to oh to hold and you could see on his face that he was so proud.

He wasnt then weighed for an hour or so as the ward was still really busy cudnt belive it when she then told us he was 8lb 5oz he didnt seem that big at all .I was given something to eat while we were waiting wich i couldent wait for hadnt had anything for 18 hours.After he was weighed i then gave him his first feed knew i was only going to breastfeed for the first one.Shortly afetr this our parents left and we got to spend some time with our little man still hadnt really sunk in.His daddy then dressed him and gave him loads of cuddles while i got cleaned up which took a while kept feeling like i was going to faint in the shower.finally managed to get sorted and get dressed was taken down to the ward at around 5pm then had some visitors at 6pm was nackerd by this point hadnt been to bed since monday night.Whent they left i fed and changed him and finally got into bed unfortunatelly i didnt get any sleep the ward was so loud people wandering around all night and there was some noisy babies in there lol.

At 7 am i got up and had some breakfast felt fine even stitches were ok.Kairen then had all of his checks done and we were aloud to go home around 2pm thursday 15th

So has a really good labour and feel so lucky that i did cant belive i got to 5cm with no pain relief didnt think i could actually do it.thanks for reading we are so in love with our little man xx

Congratulations, glad it all went so smoothly for you! :) xx

Congrats! A lovely birth story there, you did amazingly well, it's the positive ones like this that make it seem not so bad at all! :D xx

What a lovely story. Congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->