~ Karma's Birth - 4/01/2010 - Traumatic - Long with pics & video! ~

You poor thing!, Your little girl is beautiful and what a lovely name you have given her! =D

Am I balls mate :'( ! Still gaping! Still painful! But I'm getting by! Somone said something about getting a "refashioning" if it doesn't heal well! I'd assume that's like a "designer vagina" on the NHS?? :haha: Gawd knows. With any luck we'll see how I'm doing at my 6 week check-up and if all is not well then I guess I'll find out my options! I DONT WANT A DEFORMED VAGINAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! xxx

I had a placement in plastic surgery and they do a great job of repairing childbirth injuries on the NHS, it's this kind of surgery that has led to the expertise for the same surgeons to do private aesthetic work, so definitely enquire about it. I think your age may add to the indications for having it done on the NHS.
Then you just have to decide whether you want a versnatchy or a Cucci :lol:

Am I balls mate :'( ! Still gaping! Still painful! But I'm getting by! Somone said something about getting a "refashioning" if it doesn't heal well! I'd assume that's like a "designer vagina" on the NHS?? :haha: Gawd knows. With any luck we'll see how I'm doing at my 6 week check-up and if all is not well then I guess I'll find out my options! I DONT WANT A DEFORMED VAGINAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! xxx

I had a placement in plastic surgery and they do a great job of repairing childbirth injuries on the NHS, it's this kind of surgery that has led to the expertise for the same surgeons to do private aesthetic work, so definitely enquire about it. I think your age may add to the indications for having it done on the NHS.

I wish they had this in canada.

So sorry that you didn't get the birth you wanted. You must have been devastated - but you have a beautiful and healthy baby girl to get you through it! By the way that's a lovely pic of you and bubs at the end xxx

Brilliant! I'll deffo ask at my first checkup! :rofl: xx

I wish they had this in canada.

You should ask about it hun :D x

Congratulations.

I would like to say that your birth story is similar to my first birth; 28 hour labour, prepped for c-section, eventual forceps delivery, episiotomy, massive blood loss, blood transfusion, infected stitches etc etc. Was hell and it took me a long time to get over it....

HOWEVER!!!

Birth two was 2.5 hours gas and air only, a total breeze

Birth three was 30 minutes and 9 contractions; didn't even break into a sweat

So what I'm trying to say to you is, any subsequnt births will not be half as bad!!!

Enjoy your little one.

Bloody hell! Page views or what! I'm talk of the town :rofl:

Thanks for your kind words ladies :hugs: xxx

Sorry you had such an awful time, hun - don't worry, we'll get our homebirths next time!! :hugs:

Congratulations.

I would like to say that your birth story is similar to my first birth; 28 hour labour, prepped for c-section, eventual forceps delivery, episiotomy, massive blood loss, blood transfusion, infected stitches etc etc. Was hell and it took me a long time to get over it....

HOWEVER!!!

Birth two was 2.5 hours gas and air only, a total breeze

Birth three was 30 minutes and 9 contractions; didn't even break into a sweat

So what I'm trying to say to you is, any subsequnt births will not be half as bad!!!

Enjoy your little one.

Wow well this has certainly made me feel better! Hope you get your homebirth next time LB :hugs:

iam so sorry to hear that your birth didnt go to plan my midwifes did that to me they never asked if i wanted to let the cord pulse which i did they just cut it :( but at the end of the day you have a beautiful baby girl and what a lovely name.

ps i love te pic of you wearing your baby so cute x

Hey, sorry it didnt go to plan, but glad she is here safely and she is absolutely gorgeous!!! And you look so earth mother with her in her wrap thing.

I'm sorry to hear the birth of your little one didn't go how you had planned. I can identify with your story quite a bit as I ended up in a similar situation to you (although I hadn't planned a home birth). I wanted a natural birth with just gas & air to help me out a little and I wanted to be able to move around the room and find a position that was 'comfortable.'

I ended up being bedridden too as I was also monitored through my entire labour & birth. I tried the pethidine & ended up having the epidural, even though I'd promised myself I didn't want it (my Daughter was back-to-back and every contraction felt like it was killing me, and I'm not exagerating!) Luckily, although I was quite a way gone when I had the epidural (about 9cm), I was still able to have it and get a little bit of 'relief.'

My little one became distressed so I ended up having an episiotomy & assisted delivery too, although she was delivered by ventouse (suction cup).

Once again, I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out the way you wanted. I'm still coming to terms with what happened during my labour and I'm sure you are too but every time I see my beautiful little girl I realise it was worth every second of it.

Your Daughter is gorgeous by the way! :)

That deffinatly sounds all too familiar :hugs: to you too!! Sometimes I'm glad they coudlnt give me the epi, but jeez at the time I soooo wish I could have had it cause the pain was INTENSE, like you, I thought I was gonna pass over! I think its a loose loose situation when your induced, if you don't have an epi your too tired to push so need assisting and cut, and if you do have an epi you cant feel contractions and STILL need a cut and forceps/ventouse... :dohh: I'm only hoping the next one is easier x

hey there lb im new here and i a tramatic birth with my son in dec 2009 ended in a sectionim now going for a homebirth and a vbac. i dnt live in england i live in australia homebirth is under attack here by our government. all in all maybe u would love this site its called joyous birth its all about homebirth and its really supportive i hope u can find healing in writing ur birth story. hope all is going well with u and ur family and i love ur wrap btw gotta love aping :)

I'm so sorry to hear about the way things turned out.

I don't know whether you would agree with me or not - tell me to take a jump if you like... But I feel that from the minute you went into hospital, the intervention started.. you were monitored, you consultant thought it was better for you to stay (when, and I could be wrong, he didn't give you a clinical reason??), you were unsettled and frightened into agreeing to having more interventions - like the induction drip. No wonder your progress was slow under these condiditons. I feel this lead to your babies heart rate dropping making the forceps delivery a necessity. I'm so sorry.
Of 4 ladies who I'm now really good friends with, that I met at anti-natal classes, I was the only one that things went more or less to plan.. it shows that it just doesn't happen for alot of mummies. I know that you will feel angry and cheated. But your little one is absolutly stunning!!!.. and the birthing bit, is only a small part of having a child. You must be so in love with her.
xxxx

what a story...!!! but as you said, all that matters is you've got a healthy baby girl & she does look gorgeous :) x

I'm so sorry to hear about the way things turned out.

I don't know whether you would agree with me or not - tell me to take a jump if you like... But I feel that from the minute you went into hospital, the intervention started.. you were monitored, you consultant thought it was better for you to stay (when, and I could be wrong, he didn't give you a clinical reason??), you were unsettled and frightened into agreeing to having more interventions - like the induction drip. No wonder your progress was slow under these condiditons. I feel this lead to your babies heart rate dropping making the forceps delivery a necessity. I'm so sorry.
Of 4 ladies who I'm now really good friends with, that I met at anti-natal classes, I was the only one that things went more or less to plan.. it shows that it just doesn't happen for alot of mummies. I know that you will feel angry and cheated. But your little one is absolutly stunning!!!.. and the birthing bit, is only a small part of having a child. You must be so in love with her.
xxxx

I agree, I think I was scaremongered into staying if I'm quite honest with you looking back. My tocco reading was perfect for baby and me and they thought the bleeding was just my cervix opening - not really grounds for doing what they did in my opinion! I don't think they wanted me to go home because they were short on midwives, not because I was at risk. I bet plenty of women have bleeding and go on to have a normal labour! I think I would have progressed perfectly well on my own! I had only been in labour 6 hours before they decided to "speed things up" ! I'm still bitter about the whole thing, next time I'll know a bit more about what goes on and will probably decline intervention as quite frankly I don't think any of it was needed! My guess is that they only induced me cause they wanted my labour over and done with so they could free up the room as I was in a consultant suit.... Ahhh if only I had known ! Better luck next time I guess! Congrats on your LO glad you got most of what you wanted :) :hugs: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"