Kaydence Marie---April 9, 2009

Sissa-Mommy

Step-Mommy and New Mommy
Reaction score
I had my beautiful baby girl on April 9, 2009. It was an up hill battle but I would do everything all over again just to have her here. It all started that Tuesday, the day I was scheduled to have my NST. I woke up that morning in a large wet spot on our bed. I automatically assumed that my water broke considering I was aleready three days past my due date so I called my boyfriend and he suggested calling Labor and Delivery to see if they couldn't get me in a little earlier than my NST. They said to come on in and that they would test to see if it was infact my water. When I got there they immediatly tested me and said that it was not amniotic fluid that maybe the baby had kicked my bladder and I peed on myself. I was not 100% convinced that is what happened but I went along with it. The baby wasn't under any type of stress so the doctor said if the baby didn't come by April 8th that we would induce the morning of the 9th. Well the whole day on the 8th I was having contractions I with stood them all day up until about 7:00 and that's when we decided it was time to go. I was admitted but was told that I would not get the Pitocin until about 6:00 am. I was in pain all night long and barely slept at all. By the time 6:00 rolled around I could barely take the pain but I had not dialted very much at all. I received the Pitocin and about an hour later I got my Epidural. The Epidural didn't not work on one side of my body so I was given some kind of Narcotic down the line to ease some of the pain I was in. By Noon I could feel everything that was going on and thats when things to a turn for the worse. My original nurse was sent on break and a different nurse came in. She thought that maybe if I continuosly changed sides that it might help ease some of the pain I was feeling. After about fifteen minutes of that the babies heart rate dropped drastically and they rushed me to the OR. I had Kaydence a 12:51PM and she was healthy as a horse. She weight 8 pounds 8 ounces and was 21 1/4 inches long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->