Kayleigh?

Babybug

Reaction score
Opinions please.
Kayleigh Anne (anne after me)

its an ok name but very 80s and outdated imho

Really? Are you UK or elsewhere out of interest. I was bornnin the 80s and I have never met a kayleigh, I have heard the song which is as 80s as leg warmers though.
80s makes me like it more though oddly

Really? Are you UK or elsewhere out of interest. I was bornnin the 80s and I have never met a kayleigh, I have heard the song which is as 80s as leg warmers though.
80s makes me like it more though oddly

yep, im from Durham and knew 8 Kayleighs as a child all born in the 80s and ive met another 5 (while living in Yorkshire) as adults all born in the 80s

I think its more 80s as I dont think I know any Kayleighs born outside of the 80s (unlike other popular names that where classics like Elizabeth)

I would say it was the 2nd most common name after Rachel/Rachael though from my experiance

I think it's beautiful!! Not sure how popular Kayleigh is where you are, but I'd say it's not very common (I'm in US). I have heard of Kayleighs before, just not in a while. Kylie or Kayla seem to be more popular where I am

I think it's a pretty name. I was born in '89 and only know 1 Kayleigh off the top of my head.

I have to agree with above, was quite common down south too around that era. I like suggestion p&p mentioned; Kayla, think that's very pretty :)

I knew lots Kayleighs/ Cayleighs at school (i'm 24) so would find it unusual on a baby. However, I keep seeing 80s names crop up on here, e.g Stephanie, Sarah, Katie, Natalie so maybe there's a bitof a revival going on?

I like it and its still rather popular where I am Scotland but not overly common either. i have heard of a few kayleighs . I think all names come in and out of fashion then come back in again the kayleighs I know of are young just entering teens. Its a pretty name. not something i would choose personally but i think its a fine name for a girl x

I like it. Our daughter is Jade and that was popular in 80s and 90s but who cares! It not so popular now! I also liked Jennifer and Danielle. I bet she wont be one on many Kayleighs when she goes to school :)

Lol I think I unintentially like 80s names, Dianiell and Alexis and Stephanie are all on our list and Jennifer is my daughters middle name, I love it I would use it as a first name but that would be weird.

I like it as everyone can prm it etc amd I bet its not popular with under 4yr olds! Its cute x

Interesting! I'm in Canada and I don't think I've really met anyone my age (80s born) named Kayleigh. The only one I think of is a highschool friend's daughter who is about 6yrs... Here I think it's been popular for a few years, definitely not outdated and I never would of thought it to be an 80s name like Sarah, Amanda, Samantha, Ashley etc...

Interesting! I'm in Canada and I don't think I've really met anyone my age (80s born) named Kayleigh. The only one I think of is a highschool friend's daughter who is about 6yrs... Here I think it's been popular for a few years, definitely not outdated and I never would of thought it to be an 80s name like Sarah, Amanda, Samantha, Ashley etc...

I think this sums up the differences in different areas

I dont know any Amandas
I only know 1 girl with Samantha as a middle name and non with it as a first name
I know lots of Sarah/Saras of all ages so dont think its 80s just a classic name...
Ashley I agree on but spelled Ashleigh - I think all the leigh names where popular back then (Ashleigh, Kayleigh, Hayleigh etc...)

interesting how these things work

I love that name. I keep bugging my DH about naming a future daughter that, but he doesn't like it :( I'm not giving up though. I want it that same spelling too...Kayleigh Elizabeth :cloud9:
Elizabeth is my grandma's name.

I'm in Canada and the first time I heard of someone with the name Kayleigh is when a co-worker named his daughter that last year. It's a pretty name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->