Keegan for a Girl

mommy2be412

Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on the name Keegan for a girl? I want different and unique but not weird. (I'm part irish so I think it could fit).

I personally wouldn't do it but I think it sounds fine. There have been worse boy names used for girls.

Keegan is nice! Keigan or Kiegan might be slightly more girly alternatives but I think the original spelling is just fine!

My husband and I are both part Irish and we have a very Irish last name so we are also looking for Irish names. We found a boy name right away but haven't narrowed down any girls names yet.

I think it sounds ok, although I do see it more as a boys name :shrug:. I think the spelling Keigan or Kiegan makes it look more feminine though :thumbup:

its only 2 letters different from what im calling my daughter, I think it could work

I was thinking about the name Erin/Aaron. I think different spelling can make a huge difference. But even without, tons of names work both ways even with the same spelling - Jordan, Robin, Alex, to name a few.

So if you love it, I think you should go for it. You will probably redefine the name for some people. Its not like you're naming her Charles, Fred or Bob (traditional male names) Keegan is relatively new and still has room for growth in reputation.

Not a fan of the spelling with the 'y'. I think the original spelling is fine, or you could add an i - Kiegan perhaps.

I was thinking about the name Erin/Aaron. I think different spelling can make a huge difference. But even without, tons of names work both ways even with the same spelling - Jordan, Robin, Alex, to name a few.

So if you love it, I think you should go for it. You will probably redefine the name for some people. Its not like you're naming her Charles, Fred or Bob (traditional male names) Keegan is relatively new and still has room for growth in reputation.

Not a fan of the spelling with the 'y'. I think the original spelling is fine, or you could add an i - Kiegan perhaps.

bob can be feminine, out of the 3 bobbies ive met 2 are girls

I also only know one charlie and shes a girl as well

Yes Charlie can be a girls name, Ive met one as well - the example I used was Charles. Maybe I didnt use the best examples but the point remains the same: Keegan isn't a 'traditional' man's name.

I prefer Keegan for a girl actually. I like it.

Kiegan would be perfect for a girl I think!! Be a trend setter :)

I love lots of boy's names for girls better: Brett, Jordyn, Micah, Elliot, etc :)

Totally loving Keegan for a girl, if we have two, I'd like it to be the second one :haha: Maybe I'm a bit bias!

I know a girl called Keegan! I like it, my daughters name is Teagan :)

I know a girl called Keegan! I like it, my daughters name is Teagan :)

I just wanted to say that I know a Teagan and it's very cute. Also, I think Keegan is fine for a girl. I don't think people question girls having male names much anymore, at least not the people I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->