Keeping sperm in after BD

Starlight32

Reaction score
This might sound silly. I feel like so much sperm comes out after bding. Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions ie lay down for a while etc?

What position you do it in matters a lot if he's on top and pulls out right after is the best way to make sure it stays in... And laying down and legs up for 20 min.

I feel the same way! Don't worry there's no where near as much sperm leaking out as you think. In fact 80-90% of sperm make it to the cervix, and just the weak ones are left behind. I do know that elevating your hips on a pillow for 30 mins helps. Though I have never tried it I hear several ladies use whats called "Soft Cup" by Instead or similar called Diva or Moon cup. If you don't have a spare pillow maybe try rolling up a blanket or laying flat. I notice a big difference if I lay flat for 30 mins. Spermies are very strong swimmers :) My friend who had a baby a few months ago never did lie down or used "Soft Cup" In fact she stood up as soon as they DTD to "clean up" and still conceived successfully :) So no worries mate :)

I've considered using soft cups, but I heard they also push sperm out while inserting (I've never used them to know first hand). I have been laying down. Some stuff still comes out, and my husband freaks out and tells me to stay still and put my legs up! I'll keep laying down and try the legs. Thanks!

I've heard that lying with a pillow under you for 20 minutes after helps, as well as the missionary position but from what I've heard, the sperm will get to where they need to go without much assistance. I personally can't lie there after or I will pretty much be guaranteed a UTI.

I lay with my legs up the wall wIth my bum slightly arched upwards Lol.. Seems to help & i def have less come out :)

I didn't do any of that and I got pregnant just fine. We did it everyday (the most important being 4 days prior to O, day of O and day after - just in case I was off by a day) and various positions (including me on top). I usually never got up right away but that was more from having a good time. lol

I wouldn't worry too much about it. But, I did notice that the best position that didn't have as much leakage was him from behind. If you want you can just keep your butt/hips tilted in the air and rest your head on the pillow for a few min.

I usually just lay there for 5 to 10 minutes arching my butt a little, I've notice less coming out that way.

I don't want to lay too long just because I rather avoid a UTI.

Every time I've gotten pregnant I never worried about just laying there and trying to keep them in. DH is one of those guys who, I swear, tries to thrust to China when he ejaculates so everything is usually right up against my cervix anyway. I'm NOT a fan of tempting UTI's and usually have to pee right after an O so I'll happily do a pre-emptive clean up with tissues and then waddle my happyself to the potty, do my business, and finish cleaning up. I can't stand the feel of a mess.

Sperm ARE strong swimmers. They're excellent at combating gravity.

Thanks for the responses! Makes me feel slightly better about getting up and feeling that rush of liquid..... lol

Don't worry too much about keeping them in. The good stuff is where it needs to go very soon after ejaculation. By trapping the rest in, you're just keeping old and dead sperm in there.
The only time a lot of drs recommend this elevated hips stuff is if there's a motility or number problem in the sperm.

I have a tilted uterus and found that I have gotten pregnant quicker if I lay on my stomach after bd, if I lay on my stomach while we bd (dp on top from behind *sorry tmi* then he pulls out straight away then I can lie there for hours and nothing comes out until I move. I try and fall asleep without moving lol it worked for dd2

Most of the "liquid" is not sperm anyways it's semen.. The sperms ride on the way out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->