Keeping the soup in the bowl...or not (tmi)

Clo

mum 2 an angel boy, and 2 rainbow boys
Reaction score
I know everyone on here seems to go on a lot about the importance of 'keeping the soup in the bowl' but how important is this?

Just recently, if i don't pee STRAIGHT after :sex: I end up with a water infection. I am currently on my 2nd course of anti-biotics this month.

The doctor has told me that I must stop bd'ing so much (this month we have only bd'd 6 times - how can that be too much when you are TTC!?:shrug:) and also that I must pee before and after sex.

I have already missed O (i think) due to this infection :-(

Do you think going to the toilet straight after will have too much of a negative effect on TTC?

Here is what I do. TMI maybe!! lol. I don't move afterwards!! Seriously, the hubby knows that if I am in the middle of the bed then he has to suck it up and squeeze in on a side!!! :haha:

I wait about 15 minutes, then I get up and get dressed and go to the bathroom. It worked with the last little one!! I think that the negative effect peeing could possibly have is way less then the effect of not being able to :sex: because you have an infection or are on antibiotics.

Good Luck

P.s. Your doc is CRAZY if he thinks 6 times is too much!!!:dohh:

I wait about 15 minutes, then I get up and get dressed and go to the bathroom.

P.s. Your doc is CRAZY if he thinks 6 times is too much!!!:dohh:

That is what I did last time...that was at about 11pm....and by 8am the next morning I had got another infection... :-( *sigh*

I am prone to water infections, I get them ALL the time, and I always need antibiotics to get rid of them. I used to always make sure I went the toilet before and after sex which kinda kept them at bay but when TTC it's hard!

Now I make sure I go right before sex. After sex I lie still for about 20 mins, then will go the toilet. This seems to be fine so far, no water infections for a while! To be honest by that time anything that comes out will not be needed anyway. All the strongest sperm would have left the fluid...

Clo, I am sorry that is awful!!!

I seem to go through phases of it - so just hoping it will sort itself out soon! I feel sorry for my DH tho cuz I have told him no more :sex: until after AF (or BFP) lol

Hi girls, i too used to get loads of water infections, i've found taking cranberry capsules at night have really made a difference for me. i've gone from having an infection each month down to about 2 a year.

I lie for about 10 mins then go to the toilet!

Staying prone/lying down for 10 minutes after BD is supposed to help. Just because gravity works against the spermies. I'm sure plenty of women who get prego potty right after. It's just supposed to help increase the odds by increasing the number of spermies able to swim up toward the egg.

The fluid that leaks out after BD is usually not very important. That is usually just seminal fluid, and the malformed sperm. A lot of sperm have multiple tails, mishapen heads, etc, so they are the ones that are unable to propel themselves up towards the egg.

There are 1 billion sperm in an ejaculate. 50 will reach the egg. 1 will enter and give it's chromosomes. So, there are a lot of sperm that are not too bright!

I would wait as long as possible to potty. If you are having chronice UTIs, definitely try cranberry juice. Also, you should figure out if it is due to a med you are on or an underlying health condition. Being on antibiotics often is very bad for the probiotics in your body, as well as your immune system.

Hope that helped a bit!! :dust:

what about after you have intercourse..you use an "instead Cup"? that way you can go to the washroom without everything falling out...then when you are done going to the washroom..you can go lay back down and everything is still right there where it should be.

I don't think its very important at all. Peeing after sex so as not to get a UTI is a heck of a lot more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->