Keirs birth story - 13/4/09

Mummy&bump

Reaction score
well its taken me sometime to manage 2 get back on here as iv been up 2 my eyes haha

My due date was the 14th april but my gorgeous boy came a day early on the 13th.

I woke up at 5:30am thinking i had pee'd myself lol but nup was my waters:happydance: so i jumped about like a idiot and phoned my mum to come over. i had begun 2 feel what i can only describe as a dull ache in my tummy.

I got to the hospital at half 7 that morning and they confirmed that it was in fact my waters but i hadnt dilated any yet so was sent home with a tens machine, so we done a de-tour by mcdonalds for some breakfast, by this time i was having regular contractions arounds 7 mins apart and were starting 2 become quite painfull.

by the time i got home i had 2 put my tens machine on for the pain and it was only 9am! so i went for a warm bath which helped alot to begin with but come 12 i just couldnt take anymore the pain was sooo intense i cudnt put 2 a foot infront of the other without having a contractions, and i had also been sick, the contractions were 2mins apart at this point and lasting over 1min.

my mum kept saying they will jus send u home again coz u wont b far enough along but by this point all i cud think was if i am only 1cm or so i want an epi which wasnt what i had planned!

when we arrived at the hospital at 12:30 they checked and i was 5cm:happydance::happydance: i couldnt belive it i was over the moon, so i got some gas and air which was just the best feeling in the world and got in2 the birthing pool, oh my it was just bliss for a whole 5mins haha it was the pressure more than anythin that seemed 2 hurt most! i stayed in the pool till around 2:30 then i desided i wanted out so they got me a big bean bag on a matt and i lay against that! it was then that i felt the need 2 push and the midwife said just to go with what my body was telling me so i just pushed and it was such a relief 2 b able 2 push! but the midwifes started 2 become concerned about babys heartbeat as it was getting lower with each contraction so i had 2 have an episiotomy as they wanted him out on the next push! so my beautiful little boy was born at 15:07 weighing 7lb 8oz(so much for expecting a 9lbr) after a 3hrs a 7min labour he was just so awake and looking around! i had expected such a long labour but i was really lucky.

hes such a great baby and sleeps 4hrs at a time everynight i really couldnt ask 4 anymore! most of all i cant belive i managed to get through it with just gas and air, its what i had hoped for but never thought i would acheive!

Attachments

• fne pics 22 feb 004.jpg
    fne pics 22 feb 004.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 48
congrats, hes gorgeous x

Well done lady!!! quick birth and very little pain relief! what a champ!
He's GORGEOUS too!
:laugh2:
CONGRATULATIONS!
LP
xox

Congrats, he is absolutely gorgeous!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members