Keratin treatment - formaldehyde free

mummof1

Reaction score
Hey ladies ! So I normally get a keratin treatment on my hair every six months . It does wonders just calms my curls and no frizz !
My hairdresser said there's a new one that just came out and its formaldehyde free so she asked if I wanted to come in for it.
I asked if she could call the makers of the product about if it's safe during pregnancy and she said they told her there are no studies to show that but it is formaldehyde free 100%.

Do you think it's okay?
I know my friend regularly dyes her hair during pregnancy and pregnant hair dressers are always around the different products so I'm feeling like it's okay but hubby is all worried about it .

I think if your dresser can do your hair but stay a tad away from your scalp you should be fine. Just make sure you can breathe during it or cover your face!

Ya I was going to ask if she could just start a half inch away from my scalp, it doesn't even have a strong odor either , it actually smells like cocoa powder/chocolate

Ya I was going to ask if she could just start a half inch away from my scalp, it doesn't even have a strong odor either , it actually smells like cocoa powder/chocolate

I just got mine done too, and it was all natural and completely safe and Doctor approved. Makes life easier with the hot weather approaching!

Oh that's good to hear !
I googled and got all sorts of conflicting results but overall I read it should be fine!
My hair is such a hassle and right now it's sooooo dry. The keratin really leaves my hair looking and feeling so healthy

Anyone else get this done during pregnancy ?

If it's the Cezanne treatment, it's fine. Just be aware that some products claim to be formaldehyde-free but in reality contain chemicals that bond together when heated to form formeldehyde gas. So you should ask whether the treatment is free of "formeldehyde and formeldehyde donors".

Called my OB and she said its fine . The actual amount absorbed is so minimal it's almost impossible to reach baby

I get the Brazilian blowout Zero which is a formaldehyde-free version. I was also curious about the same thing. I have decided to go ahead and still get the treatment even though not enough research is done because it never actually enters my bloodstream, at least not in any amount that can even be traced. The version I get has to be done every 3 months.

I also realize that formaldehyde-free does not always mean that formaldehyde is not in the product. It just means that it has a very very small amount. Not even enough to be worried about. Especially if your hairdresser has a good venting system everything should be good.

Ya exactly ! I got it done last night after my OB said gave me the go ahead

I love when I get my hair done. It's so soft and silky. I feel like a model LOL.

Yep lol ! It saves me so much time getting ready , instead of a 40 min blow dry and straighten it takes like 15 min now !

my sister is a hairdresser. She did keratins throughout her whole pregnancy. And she had them done on her. She had a healthy baby boy. If you are concerned, bring a small desk fan to blow the fumes away from your face when you are getting blow dried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->