Kick counting

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Sorry i know it prob been bought up before...but i read quite a bit of conflicting stuff.

When do i need to start?
How many times a day should they kick?
When they say kick do they mean individual kicks or spouts of kicking.
(My LO will kick constantaly for like 10 min, then goes quite - so assume that counts as one??)
Do i ring midwife/hospital/doc - if reduced movement?

Cheers for the advice :thumbup:

You start at 28 weeks and there should be 10 kicks in 1 hour :)

Hey. Midwives discourage kick counting as a general rule as if you're busy you won't feel your little one grooving as much as when you're chilled. Also, if little of us curled round facing in they're going to be kicking into you, therefore making it more difficult to feel kicks. The 10 rule is 10 in a day not ten in an hour. You will get used to your little ones movements and should judge by their normal routine...they will always have quieter days, and if you're ever worried call your midwife...if you want to encourage little one to move, try a cold sugary drink, lie on your left, have a bath, even poke your tummy!

I didn't know you were meant to count this kicks... I frequently feel Beanie kicking me throughout the day and I'm not anywhere near 28weeks yet.xox

This is just a random website but this one says 10 kicks in 2 hours, but my what to expect when expecting book says 10 kicks in 1 hour. So I guess ask your dr and see what the correct amount of time is because I live in the US and it could be different.

https://wikiparenting.parentsconnect.com/wiki/Kick_Counts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->