KiddiZoom camera

lau86

Reaction score
Sneaking in here but really this is a birthday issue not Christmas!! Ha ha. My son has taken an interest in taking pictures and wants a camera, hubby saw the kiddizoom camera and thought it looked good but my son will be six, lots of the reviews are from 3-4 yr olds. So is this too babyish for him? I suggested just getting a cheap digital camera but hubby says what if he drops it

We have one. I think my oldest got it when he was 4. Its good for younger ones and has games on it but the picture quality isnt amazing.

DS (recently 6) has a Kiddizoom Action Cam, he loves it. It takes pictures, video and has a waterproof case so he can take photos underwater which he loves. It can be attached to his bike & skateboard which is fun! It has enough that it doesn't feel too young for him for sure, although if your DS is used to using more advanced tech it might seem too young I guess.

We have a Kiddizoom for my son who is nearly 5. He loves it and uses it every day.

There are a few games on there that he can't appreciate as he doesn't quite understand them yet so they would still be viable for a 6 year old but as a previous poster said, the picture quality is terrible.

That being said, my son doesn't care. He's happy to just take pictures, both outward facing and selfie and add silly frames to them which is done on the camera itself and is amazed that he took the picture when you show him, he doesn't care about the bad quality, he's just proud that he took the photo.

I'm in bed now (rock and roll on a Saturday night) but if I remember, I'll post a couple of sample pictures that he's taken on it :)

We have one and it's left on a shelf, never used ! I think it's ok for a six year old. My nearly five year old struggles with the games and isn't that good with it. Maybe see how he does with this. They are quite robust so better than a normal digital camera I think.

Thanks everyone, we've gone ahead and bought it. He takes photos on our phones at the moment but I don't think he'd mind the poor quality. I couldn't see a decent digital camera for under around £70 anyway, which is a waste if he doesn't like it

The problem you would have with a normal digital camera is the fact that kids are rough with things, they drop them and bang them. The kiddizoom is very robust and well protected.

I hope he enjoys it lovely :D

I've bought this for Gracie because she won't stop taking photos on our phones. Boots were doing it for £25!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->