Kidney Infection

Justme

Reaction score
Ive got these terrible excruitiating pains in my back (where you kidneys are) on my right side mainly,last week my doctor put me on Cefalexin 500mg (1 three times a day) as he suspected a kidney infection.I have white cells,protein and blood in my urine.I had to go back on wednesday this week for an urgent appointment as the pain is getting worse,I am now on my secound course of these antibiotics and now on codeine and paracetamol which arent really touching the pain.They have made an appointment for me to go back in the morning to see how im getting on put its really getting me down,im in agony the pain seems to come in waves and I get pains in my pelvis area too those pains are abit like a sharp pain.The pain in my kidney area is like a hook and its being pulled through my kidney or something :shrug: thats when the pain is bad when its not as bad its like a constant dull ache.Was just wondering if anyone had had anything similar before?Im also taking Cyclizine which is an anti sickness med at the moment to help with nausea feeling.Thanks in advance :hugs:

I have suffered with kidney problems forever and its horrible so i really feel for you. The only thing i can suggest is to drink plenty of water and to keep on with the antibiotics. Also go back to the doctors until it is solved as you don't want to risk it getting any worse. You really have my sympathy, hugs hun feel better soon xxx

Thanks hun,been back today and in my sample today there was also sugar aswel as the protein,white cells and blood so he took another blood sample to see if Im diabetic which I really don't think I am but he said that would explain why my body would find it hard to fight of an infection??but he still wont rule stones out :( fed up of it now.Got to wait for the test results again tomorrow then go from there.More waiting.x

OMG that all sounds awful. Are you still in pain with it? I'm glad they seem to be taking it seriously and not making you wait around too much. Fingers crossed for good news for you tomorrow xx

Thanks hun,plot thickens,on monday when I went there was glucose in my sample so he took a blood sample to test for diabetes.Got a phone call this morning from the doctor to say that the blood test was ok and I dont have diabetes but they need to find out why there is blood in my urine now aswel as the other stuff so I had to go back in to do another sample for it to be sent off to the lab to be tested instead of them just 'dip testing' it in surgery.Should know more within 48 hours hopefully.:hugs: x

I hope they manage to find out what is going on so they can help you, it seems to be taking such a long time! Do you still have the pain or is it becoming more manageable now? Thinking of you, fingers crossed you get some results soon and some positive news xxx

Drink as much water as you can,as it may solve half your problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->