Kidney Issues in Pregnancy

psychnurse23

Reaction score
I had my first baby last April. At my routine check up at 35 weeks I had high BP and swelling. I was admitted to the hospital, started on medication and put on bed rest. I made it to 40+3 when I was induced after my BP sky rocketed. I had no pre-eclampsia as I had no issues with my kidneys and had regular checks through a 24 hour urine collection done. My BP was back to normal within two weeks and I had no more issues.

I am now 18 weeks pregnant and at my booking in appointment my BP was slightly elevated at 135/87ish. It is high for me and with my previous history they decided to have me keep an eye on it at home for my next appointment. Two weeks later it was still sitting around 135/87 so they decided to send me to a nephrologist to check my kidneys. She immediately put me on Aldomet and ran lots of tests including a urine sample and a 24 hour collection. The sample came back with a UTI and the 24 hour test came back with elevated levels of protein and creatinine clearance. She believed it was due to the UTI and that when treated it would go back to normal. I had all the test repeated last week and had a check up done this week. My protein output in the 24 hour test is now even higher than 4 weeks ago and they don't really know why. I have been checked for all pregnancy related illnesses that could cause these kind of results and I am perfectly healthy. I also had a lot of tests done for a check up in October and everything was normal so this issue is either pregnancy related or began shortly before I got pregnant. To be honest I'm kind of panicking a lot as I still have more than half my pregnancy to go. I am due for retesting in 3 weeks with the prospect of home testing after that and possible bed rest but with a 1 year old it will be kind of impossible.

Has anyone any experience with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"