Kids close in age?

.hopeful.one.

Reaction score
Hey all! Not sure if this is the best place for this ?...

I'm currently 15w with #2 and I have a 9.5mo. They'll be 15m apart. I was thinking about getting ds a baby doll for Christmas but is that dumb since he'll be so young when the baby comes anyway?
Thoughts please!

My son was 18 months last Christmas and didn't care much for the baby doll we got him (still doesn't). I really don't think he understood. With that said your son might enjoy imitating you with a baby doll once lo arrives.

Hi! My son was 15.5 months when my daughter was born. His understanding of what was going on was minimal, but he was aware of a change. When I was pregnant he liked to lift up my shirt and look at my belly. I would tell him "baby's in there!" and he would repeat "baby!" But he didn't really connect it with the fact that we would soon have another little family member. A baby doll might be good, though, to show him how to be gentle. And you could prepare him for the fact that you'll be changing baby's diapers/feeding baby, etc.

Hello,

I have a 13 month gap between my little ones, when the health visitor came out she gave us some baby books, one had pics of lots of new borns in it and Andrew would "cuddle" the pics in the book. And now he constantly cuddles his sister, he is a bit lenny like, but very loving. I don't think your lo will be too little for a doll, its a good idea.

Thanks for the help! I think I'll take advantage of cyber Monday and get one ordered :)

15 month age gap between my youngest two as well. He'll be 16 months roughly when she arrives in April :) I'm excited, scared and nervous lol

There will be 15 months between my youngest two. Glad to hear that there are so many other mommies with a similar age gap!

I'm glad I'm not alone with the 15m age gap! I think it'll be tough but so worth it :) I'm excited to be a mommy of 2.

15 month gap on the way here too! We have a 5 year old and 11 month old currently.. Gosh our ds2 is so rambunctious that I can't get him to even look at a book while I read it, he wants to grab it and throw it :wacko: just like his dad..lol. Maybe a baby doll would be good for us too, I was super nervous about him meeting his 6 month old cousin because he can be pretty grabby and rough, but it was the sweetest thing. He gently touched his hair, and then made noises at him, and very carefully took one finger and touched his cheek a few times while talking to him, super excited but nice and calm. I'm hopeful for us ...but I hadn't thought about a baby doll, my oldest had some when he was about 19 months.. amazon here I come!

15 month gap on the way here too! We have a 5 year old and 11 month old currently.. Gosh our ds2 is so rambunctious that I can't get him to even look at a book while I read it, he wants to grab it and throw it :wacko: just like his dad..lol. Maybe a baby doll would be good for us too, I was super nervous about him meeting his 6 month old cousin because he can be pretty grabby and rough, but it was the sweetest thing. He gently touched his hair, and then made noises at him, and very carefully took one finger and touched his cheek a few times while talking to him, super excited but nice and calm. I'm hopeful for us ...but I hadn't thought about a baby doll, my oldest had some when he was about 19 months.. amazon here I come!

That's cute, I hope your son is just as sweet to your new little one. Mine is almost 10m and he's super busy & crazy lol.
I just have to say I LOVE the name Raiden!!! I always wanted my son to be Raiden Jace but my darn hubby wouldn't go for it :(

Might depend on the child. Ds1 had zero concept of me being pregnant or that there was a baby in my belly and he was 25 months when baby arrived. Ds2, on the other hand, was 17 months when he started giving kisses to my belly and said goodnight to baby (my tummy) every night. In fact, his favorite toy at playgroup was a doll that he loved to give hugs and kisses to. Now that his sister is here he's still very affectionate with her. So you never know!

We got my daughter a doll at 12 months and she loves it. Even takes it two bed who her!

There will be 11 months between my youngest two! Scary! DD is 8.5 months and loves DS's doll so we've bought her one for Christmas x

That's cute, I hope your son is just as sweet to your new little one. Mine is almost 10m and he's super busy & crazy lol.
I just have to say I LOVE the name Raiden!!! I always wanted my son to be Raiden Jace but my darn hubby wouldn't go for it :(

Aww thank you! Paxton is super cute too! Most people nod and say ohh thats a cool name, but nobody has ever told me they'd wanted to use it too! Isn't it a pain that we have to consult them? Hahaha just kidding, but when I named Raiden I was actually single.. luckily my husband has a similar love of oddish names :haha:

Just to add I have 15 months between my youngest two and I love it, it can be tricky and some days out on my own with them are not worth it but other than that it's amazing, they can be so cute together!

It's definitely not dumb, but I don't know that it will help him prepare as he's so young. My first was 19 months when I had my second and he didn't really understand what was going on. It didn't matter though. There was no jealously and he didn't show any adjustment stress. When my third arrives, my first will be over 2.5 so I think I'll work on preparing him a bit. My second will be 14 months. I won't bother trying to teach him anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->